Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t work that way I’m afraid
It doesn’t work that way in football
All that physiological stuff is grand in buying a house or a buisness but houses or businesses don’t have a say in the matter
Footballers do
I just don’t understand then why they would say we are looking for £40m but will take £17.3?

No one is going to come along and say you know what you Barca guys are a nice lot and seem to be scraping for money here’s £35m for him.

Why not just say offer us £17.3m and he’s yours.

I just don’t understand then why they would say we are looking for £40m but will take £17.3?

No one is going to come along and say you know what you Barca guys are a nice lot and seem to be scraping for money here’s £35m for him.

Why not just say offer us £17.3m and he’s yours.
Because for the transfer to happen 3 things have to occur
Barca set a minimum price
Club(s) meet that price
Gomes has to agree to the transfer
If Barca want shut badly enough and rumour is they want a clear out then Gomes holds the key to the transfer

That includes pens and he takes nearly every set piece. So I would say 5 assists is poor from a 45mill player. I’m sure I read pogba gas 13 assists.

Barkley in 2015/16 season got 25 goals and assists combined. Hardly ever took a set piece. Though I think 2 or 3 goals came from pens.
WHOA. In what season did Ross Barkley do that? He had 8 goals and 8 assists in a single year and 2 of those goals were Penalties.

Sell Keane and we start next season with Mina and A.N.Other
Both unproven in the PL and as a partnership
Oh I know, it's a bit nuts, but 50M is a BIG bid. Most likely Brands can't do that, especially when Zouma is likely off. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Zouma is amazing, but if you think about it - Keane, Mina, Zouma are all pretty young for CBs. If Zouma goes, if there was EVER a position we would sign an older, more experienced player, you'd think CB would be it.

I assume you are American and by split striker ( a new one on me ) you mean a No 10
I’m welsh and I didn’t think it was an American term. I would say it’s a number 10 that isn’t a class play maker more of a goal threat
IE siggurdsson, Dele Ali is the same and Tim Cahill was the same. They definitely aren’t number 10’s. Well what you would class as a number 10 in the past.

FIFA 16/17 on turbo mode
HAHAHAHAHA! Love it.

Gylfi only has 2 penalty goals this year, too, so he's got 11 goals in open play including a couple RIDICULOUS goals against Man U and Leicester. He's hit the woodwork 3 times, too. He's not perfect, but man, he's been really good at putting the ball in the net this year.

He's also had 10 and 13 assists in seasons with Swans.

Sure, he got a lot of assists on free kicks. Not sure we should hold that against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.