Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you need to sell older players.

Otherwise in time their form deteriorates, they pick up more injuries and their value plummets to the level that they are unsellable on big wages.

Fast forward 2 septembers and we have 32 year olds Gana and Gylfi...then have to replace them...with no money from their sales to do so.

Or we sell them this summer...replace them and in 2 seasons time we have no issued in their positions.
I think Gana will definitely go and I do think there will be the odd surprise sale from the first team. All them fans coming on here witt their sell lists, basically just selling the loans players are going to be surprised imo.

I think Brands will won’t to generate some good money off players that are in demand.

Siggurdsson I agree with you that I would sell. As I think he doesn’t effect enough games, but I do think he will be here next season, maybe the following summer China or the USA will come in for him.

It’s from the Daily Star first off and second I never said they were asking for his £86.6m release clause. No one in their right mind would buy Gomes for that.

I did quote however that they are starting the bidding at £17.3m and are aiming to get back £40m for him. And if they think the bidding is going to slow or Everton are the only bidders and our offer is too low they can say “You know that you want him and we know that he wants to come to you but we have absolutely no obligation to sell unless for some reason you trigger his buyout clause. Now since no one else went in for a bid for him, we believe we can sell him for 17.3m anymore and think he’s valued around £25m to the club so pay that or we won’t sell.”
Doesn’t work that way I’m afraid

Gana and Sigurdsson are both 30 in september.

It totally fits the brands model.
Zat age is not the be all of transfers
Both those players work well in Silvas system
We have no striker who can score
Who will we sign that will GUARANTEE 12/15 goals a season like Siggy
Gana wasn’t sold in Jan and won’t be sold in the summer
He’s the best in the league at what he does
See Siggys goal on Sunday

Would anyone really be happy if we spent 40M on Gomes? If we are going to spend that much, activate Thomas Partey's release clause for 50M, give him a massive wage increase, and be done with it.

Okay, that's not going to happen, I know.

My guess is that Brands will sell some older AND younger players.

I also have a feeling that Brands will find a couple players out of our young academy graduates and give them a shot and jettison several others.

Don't be surprised if he moves guys like Dowell, Holgate, and older U23 players like Sambou, Folds, Broadhead. If he doesn't fancy Lookman, Vlasic, or Onyenkuru, it wouldn't surprise me if he sells them, too.

Now, he'll find young player to replace them of course.

I could see a LOT of movement now that Brands has had a full year to assess the club, it's player, it's setup. Silva as well.

I don't think we need both him AND Siggy in the squad at the same time. So if we did buy him, and I necessarily be against that, I think we would need to off load Siggy. I'm sure we'd get a taker for £30m given the goals he brings. Ziyech is one of the few players around who I think is within our reach, who could be capable of replacing those goals. He's on the same contract as hen he first signed 3 years ago, so I doubt he's on more than £25/30k pw. We could easily triple his wages and save a bomb n what we're paying Siggy. Isn't that all part of Brands master plan?
Or he could come here and stink the place out ( as Klassen did ) and lads woulda be crying for Siggy back and calling Brands a big Dutch mallet head

I think Gana will definitely go and I do think there will be the odd surprise sale from the first team. All them fans coming on here witt their sell lists, basically just selling the loans players are going to be surprised imo.

I think Brands will won’t to generate some good money off players that are in demand.

Siggurdsson I agree with you that I would sell. As I think he doesn’t effect enough games, but I do think he will be here next season, maybe the following summer China or the USA will come in for him.

13 goals and 5 assists in 35 games. That's better than 1 in 2 direct goal contribution ratio.

There is a psychology of bidding and auctions called sales psychology and it’s based off the more bidders you sit at a table the more likely your are to sell for close to or more than you actually wanted. The best way to bring bidders to the table is by offering an lower “obtainable for most” starting bid. Then as the bidding progresses the competitive nature in us to be better than our neighbors and improve our social standing through a purchase kicks in making us buy things we wouldn’t normally or pay a higher price that we would consider fair.

Since you aren’t getting it let’s use Bolasie for example:

For examples sake let’s say Bolasie has a buyout clause of £40m. No one will pay that but it locks him to us so that if we don’t want to sell or an offer is too low we can keep him no matter what.

We’d like to make a profit on him in the end so we would want something around £30m. We are okay with a loss but not something that will totally cripple us so we’ll say our low is £15m. To create that bidding competitiveness that we just talked about though we are going to start off the bidding at £7m to get championship level teams involved, the newly promoted prem teams, bottom of the table teams, and some teams from other leagues throughout Europe. We know Crystal Palace would like him and he’d like to play in the prem still so they are our main targets.

If bidding only progresses to £10m naturally and CP are the last ones in for him, because of the buyout clause we talked about earlier, we have no obligation to sell for that and can pull out of the bidding process and tell them our minimum goal was £15m and if you were seriously interested in buying him we will sell him to you for that price.

Side note: because Bolasie is [Poor language removed] if they say no then we’d probably still snap their hand off for the £10m but in Gomes’s case he could still be a rotation player at Barca getting 8-9 games a season and Barca could easily eat the costs allowing them to hold out on selling for a much longer time.
Brands wrote the book and scripted the video on buying and selling players
He will walk away if the price is not right and Barca know this
He done it with Mina and Tierney

Or he could come here and stink the place out ( as Klassen did ) and lads woulda be crying for Siggy back and calling Brands a big Dutch mallet head
Yes he’s scored a few goals playing as a split striker, including a few pens. But do you really think he’s had a great season and is that important for us moving forward. Because I don’t.,

There is a psychology of bidding and auctions called sales psychology and it’s based off the more bidders you sit at a table the more likely your are to sell for close to or more than you actually wanted. The best way to bring bidders to the table is by offering an lower “obtainable for most” starting bid. Then as the bidding progresses the competitive nature in us to be better than our neighbors and improve our social standing through a purchase kicks in making us buy things we wouldn’t normally or pay a higher price that we would consider fair.

Since you aren’t getting it let’s use Bolasie for example:

For examples sake let’s say Bolasie has a buyout clause of £40m. No one will pay that but it locks him to us so that if we don’t want to sell or an offer is too low we can keep him no matter what.

We’d like to make a profit on him in the end so we would want something around £30m. We are okay with a loss but not something that will totally cripple us so we’ll say our low is £15m. To create that bidding competitiveness that we just talked about though we are going to start off the bidding at £7m to get championship level teams involved, the newly promoted prem teams, bottom of the table teams, and some teams from other leagues throughout Europe. We know Crystal Palace would like him and he’d like to play in the prem still so they are our main targets.

If bidding only progresses to £10m naturally and CP are the last ones in for him, because of the buyout clause we talked about earlier, we have no obligation to sell for that and can pull out of the bidding process and tell them our minimum goal was £15m and if you were seriously interested in buying him we will sell him to you for that price.

Side note: because Bolasie is [Poor language removed] if they say no then we’d probably still snap their hand off for the £10m but in Gomes’s case he could still be a rotation player at Barca getting 8-9 games a season and Barca could easily eat the costs allowing them to hold out on selling for a much longer time.
It doesn’t work that way in football
All that physiological stuff is grand in buying a house or a buisness but houses or businesses don’t have a say in the matter
Footballers do

It's pretty hard to activate Spanish release clauses. For a start the club can't do it. It's the player who has to.

They have to pay in full, and go to the la Liga head office. It's happened about twice in living memory.

Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera

13 goals and 5 assists in 35 games. That's better than 1 in 2 direct goal contribution ratio.
That includes pens and he takes nearly every set piece. So I would say 5 assists is poor from a 45mill player. I’m sure I read pogba gas 13 assists.

Barkley in 2015/16 season got 25 goals and assists combined. Hardly ever took a set piece. Though I think 2 or 3 goals came from pens.

It's pretty hard to activate Spanish release clauses. For a start the club can't do it. It's the player who has to.

They have to pay in full, and go to the la Liga head office. It's happened about twice in living memory.

Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera

Didn't the Chelsea keeper do it in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.