2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Times have changed (not saying for the better) because if you got goaded or called out then it was inevitable punches would fly and any witnesses would be in defence of the punch thrower saying the goader deserved it. Nowadays it seems that you can goad all you like but if you get hit for it then witnesses say he shouldn't have been hit and the one who had the abuse thrown at him is the criminal. We live in a soft age nowadays. Violence has never been condoned at anytime but circumstances are sometimes too strong. I never goad people because it is in my nature but if I did and got belted for it then I wouldn't be pointing fingers at who belted me as I believe I would have deserved it.

He was defending his bird?

Come out and apologise all ye quick to judge.
We will never know the truth of that unless more videos proving it come out.

Still not a good look for him regardless though this would be a bit more understandable.

Some people say it's a mate others say it's someone who was calling his bird all sorts.

Fact is he got leathered and ended up in a punch up in Sunderland in the early hours of the morning. Which are two things he should not really be doing.

We will never know the truth of that unless more videos proving it come out.

Still not a good look for him regardless though this would be a bit more understandable.

Some people say it's a mate others say it's someone who was calling his bird all sorts.

Fact is he got leathered and ended up in a punch up in Sunderland in the early hours of the morning. Which are two things he should not really be doing.

He showed the fight we've been lacking J

That's the thing mate, you just know that this won't be the last time we're talking about him in these sort of incidents etc because he just comes across as a bad bellend scally, and maybe someone did throw the first dig the other night and Pickford was just defending himself, and he has every right too, but you just always have the feeling there was more to it than that.
be interesting to see how silva deals with it, hope he sorts it out quickly

You seem intent on ignoring the role alcohol had to play in this. Far greater influence than hormones, imo.

As a supposed professional he could easily avoid these situations by not drinking to that kind of excess in public places. And before the “can’t he have fun?!” brigade join in, of course he can but he is being paid handsomely enough that he should be happy to make small social sacrifices in order to maintain his reputation and that of the clubs and nation he is fortunate enough to play for.
No, not ignoring it, and I agree he shouldn't have got to that level. He's young and human though and doing nothing different from hundreds of thousands of other lads of similar age. Everybody makes mistakes, especially when alcohol has started to cloud judgement.

Happier now?

Oh blimey - it's everywhere! Literally saturating the bbc. You can substantiate it yourself if you open your eyes to the media objectively, honestly.

Agree about Pickford by the way. Although in these truly enlightened times where we must respect peoples choices to identify as whatever they choose, it is no longer cool to insult him and act in a manner that doesn't show understanding and acceptance to who the person really is. :blush:

It appears.

If it’s wverywhere on the BBC, just give me two quick links?

On Pickford - he should probably have more sense and it’s a pretty childish and empty headed response by him but if he was playing well none of this would be as big a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.