Match Thread West Ham United v Everton. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same was said about Chelsea 2nd half. Apparently Everton only win when the other team play bad. Maybe we made them look bad, maybe they were bad who knows but we should now and then just give that little bit of credit when it's due.

I didn't say that about the Chelsea match. I thought we were genuinely excellent in the 2nd half.

As I said though it's probably a combination of us playing well and WHU being awful. As many have pointed out that easily could have been 5-0.

Thank you everton for giving your all today .. That performance and the characters in our end has truly cemented my 10 year old on only his second game ... a blue for life
Likewise, I turned to my young son at the end and said: "See? We can win away from home". I didn't want it to be another miserable away day for him, so was mighty relieved. Great stuff from the fellow travelling blues, as usual.

But a fine performance and a result which somewhat flatters West Ham. Would have liked a 3rd as that really means no way back - even if they fluked a goal back, at 2-1 it gets quite nervy. But today I didn't feel that we were under too much pressure, even factoring in their slight flurry early in the 2nd half.

What struck (and pleased) me more than anything about today's game was that we made it the sort of formality that we should have been doing all season; it's not wrong for us to expect games against the West Hams of this league - even away from home - to be fairly routine victories, and it was good to see us in command and at ease in a fixture like this. Let's do this again? COYB.

Delighted to see Robert Snodgrass continually thinking any slight bit of bad luck he had in the game was because the entire world's against him and not because he is, in fact, absolutely horrendous.

Allow me to put a hypothetical situation out there please? Imagine that game with Diego Costa upfront. Pie in the sky, but just think about what the score would’ve been with a talented strong CF on the end of the passes and crosses today. 7-0 at least.

....i’m critical of him, but it was a fabulous pass by Keane to DCL in 2nd half.
The best bit was before that, when he took it down perfectly on his chest, jumping, in traffic. Honestly a fantastic little passage of play, and not something I expected to see!! :eek:o_O

First time in a while I’ve had trouble picking a MOTM. I thought Richarlison played fairly well actually.

Gana also needs to be allowed to drive forward more often. Very positive from him and he’s still our best player by a mile. With that said I voted Bernard. His short and long balls both were nothing short of magnificent and his positioning was excellent for his goal.

Absolutely brilliant today.
Happy to admit I predicted the score and the performance all wrong. Therefore I will do so again next week in the hope it occurs again.
They all played geat.
Gomes , Gana , Bernard , DCL in particular.
Gomes just shaded it for me.
COYB.

Our team played in a cohesive unit with good link up plays both offensive and defensively just like any day on the training pitch, passing and moving the ball with clever runnings and one touch passes. Silva has lamented before we often did not transfer that from training to the battle ground and consistency is the key. Well we did it throughout the entirety of the game. West Ham's problem on the other hand was exactly what we were two months ago, a disjointed, slow paced, unmotivated lot struggling to string passes, keep possessions and absolutely a bunch of nerve on the defensive back line. Hopefully consistency will be our strong forte well into the next season.

West ham were pants but that was a superb performance from us. Finally we've got the team cohesive, confident and everyone in the right positions.

Litte Bernie for me.....I love this guy :)

And a special word of praise for Gana.

I thought he would have sulked after his move to PSG was vetoed by the club.

But he is playing better than ever.

If he gets his move in the summer, as I suspect he will, then I wish the lid nowt but good things in the future :)

This, this and this again! My motm. Good stuff blooos!!!

While I do think we looked very good today, I am just not sure how to rate the performance.

There were so many times in the game when it was like WHU's midfield was nonexistent. It was weird the amount of space we had at times.

So while I do think we looked good, I just don't know how much of that was us, or how bad WHU were. It's probably a bit of both.
Jeeeez lighten up enjoy the win fella

Status
Not open for further replies.