Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he’s going to get rid of Silva, then Employ Moyes for 8 games
And I’m the deluded one ha ha ha
Stick to singing cherry

Well if someone would have said Utd would sack mourinho at Christmas and then bring in one of their old guard whose only managerial achievement in the Premier league to date was to get Cardiff relegated, then we'd all have laughed our tits off.

It worked. Never underestimate the power of having a person in charge of motivating players who understands the ethos of a club.

I couldn't feel any more disconnected to Silva than I do now. Would much rather get back to basics and then start afresh next season.

You want David Moyes of all people to manage us in games against big teams?

Really?

Everything else you say is fair enough I guess but it was ages ago and time has moved on, you could look at it another way and say he was the longest serving manager during our longest ever drought but that may be harsh...

Either way Moyes against big clubs? No thanks!
The way I see it is of Moyes was told it was just until the summer, he would have nothing to lose. He has nothing to prove to us, but he has a score to settle with the rest of the footballing World. Win / win I say!

Read post probably
What? You’ve literally said you’d change managers every few seasons and we’ve seen how well that’s gone. Call me daft but I’d rather sit in 7th for 3 years rather than spin the wheel and see if we end up getting top 6 or dragged into a relegation battle.

"I know exactly how Everton work".

Shat on the club after being given 11 years here - someone who could have been binned after two seasons here and his career in tatters.

A disgusting man who underlined how poor he was when he left.

Moyes peaked with us, it wasn't never gonna get better and his subsequent showings tell us had he stayed we would've gone similarly downhill.

Martinez Season 1 with that Moyes-style defensive drilling in place is what we strive to be. It wasn't that long ago, we just need a more talented manager in place. Sometimes the managerial merry-go-round is necessary until the right man comes along. Moyes was the right man back in the 00's, I'm backing José to be our right man for the 20's: big manager with a sleeping giant both seeking redemption. Perfect fit.

A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!
Roses are red,
Violets are for boys,
I have a cardigan just like Davie Moyes.

Well if someone would have said Utd would sack mourinho at Christmas and then bring in one of their old guard whose only managerial achievement in the Premier league to date was to get Cardiff relegated, then we'd all have laughed our tits off.

It worked. Never underestimate the power of having a person in charge of motivating players who understands the ethos of a club.

I couldn't feel any more disconnected to Silva than I do now. Would much rather get back to basics and then start afresh next season.
This. Gold. Well said.

A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!
And the guy did it on buttons.

For what it’s worth unless we have a top manager lined up I’d have him back to do the interim turnaround job that seems to be beyond everyone who has followed him. Drilling the basics into us to get us back up to European qualification and building the squad back up tor he point where a top manager could then have a crack at the top 4? Give me that any day over another clown coming along throwing huge money around only to have us in a relegation battle again.
He's past it now SD. He came with a lot of fire and built a good football team under a lot of adversity, but even that went stale a couple of seasons towards the end. Different regime, different game, and he can't rewind the clock back to when he was a young, hungry manager and adapt to football in 2019.

The job he did at Sunderland looked disgraceful from the outside - I mean he was signing dross like it was going out of style, weasel words not facing up to the situation, threatening to give a female reporter a dig - basically didn't seem in control of things at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.