With Marco here there’s just so much bed-wettin’,

Dave’s team full of mongrels had heart and such fight,
But Marco’s charmed men dream of wages at night,

We tried it with Berto, Big Sam, and Ron,
Yet soon we sure know we’ll be back at square one,

The Kopites laugh; they think it's so funny,
The Mosh thinks that he’ll just go solve it with money,

The Best of the Rest is not what we will be,
So best swerve the game next Sat’day at three.

Everton Everton Everton
(repeat to fade)

When Moyes was manager the game was different to what it is now, there was no top 6 for example it was a top 4 and many of the clubs did not have the money that is floating about now. David Moyes was one of the highest paid managers in the game when he was working for us, we got what he was being paid to do. However play anyone half decent and he just bent over backwards for them, he is seriously tactically naive as a manager, something which has been bourne out over the course of his career. He did make some good buys, but his general ethos was too buy whatever rubbish Man U did'nt want anymore. We will not get relegated, there is some proper crap in this league, have you seen Burnley? they are dreadful, Crouchie is going to have to score a hell of a lot of goals to keep them up.
Moyes was good for the time but that time has gone and we need to move forward, im not saying Silva is the answer (i don't think he is) but Moyes defo is not.

Moyes isn't the answer long term. But I'd give him a go till the end of the season.

I'd never want Moyes back here if it was a choice between him and somebody that was even half decent. However, if the club is only going to peruse losers Silva, BFS, Koeman and Martinez to manage us then we might as well go with Moyes!

Seriously if we have such little ambition at this club that we only go after losers like them, then we'd be safer with Moyes. Because at least that way we'd be losers who're also capable of not getting humiliated every single week and occasionally nicking a half decent win every now and then.....

Moyes isn't the answer long term. But I'd give him a go till the end of the season.
As if Moshiri is going to bring in another short term appointment and have another huge bill to pay to get rid of Silva.

I’m pretty sure Brands will be doing the hiring and firing from now on. And there’s now way he would have Moyes as manager.

I've been drinking Old Rosie at Spoons for a couple of hours and upon consideration i want Moyes back.

Yes it's like having your teenage girlfriend back but I'd like that too. As a teenager obviously, not with miles on the clock and a vagina like ground zero.
Ground Zero is beautiful nowadays, the cosmetic surgery they've performed on it is highly impressive. Do you have your ex's number for us? ;)

PS Davey Moyes.

I remember when Moyes was on his way out and Martinez was coming in and loads of people were claiming that they’d rather see us finish 12th and ‘have a go’ than continue to finish 6th and not ‘have a go’. I strongly suspect that many of these people are calling for Silva’s head right now.

It’s funny that the general consensus was that when he left he was releasing us of the shackles that he had put on us over the years, when in reality it was those ‘shackles’ that were propping us up as the best of the rest.

I suppose in some ways we are now taking a gun to a gun fight. Trouble is our gun is a revolver and the top 6 have heavy machine guns.

Those who are sniping about Moyes need to look at where we were when he first came to the club. The 90s (barring the FA Cup win and the Kanchelskis season) was the decade where we got left behind. Going into the 90s we were arguably part of a big 4 - with Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal. During it we were regularly surpassed by teams like Blackburn, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Coventry, Derby and Leicester. We ended that decade not even in the big 10!

We have only had any sort of investment since Martinez - post Moyes. What Moyes did was take us past the clubs listed above with little or no investment. Only 3 times did he not finish top 7 at a time when Chelsea, Man City and Spurs (Villa were also still up there too) had added to the big 4 of the 80s all with more resource than Moyes.

The man worked wonders with some average players and turned around the careers of talented players who had lost their way.

He was a proper Manager. What I wouldn't give to have a proper manager now instead of the utter shambolic fraud we now have running things.

If Cardiff can somehow win 4 of their last 8 games; as it stands at the moment, we are getting relegated.

We never once had to worry about that under Moyes - even when we finished 17th we were always safe and that season the players downed tools for the last few games.

Would love to give Moyes a crack till the end of the season with the big teams we have left to play. I'm sure he'd engineer the one win we would need to be safe...

You want David Moyes of all people to manage us in games against big teams?

Really?

Everything else you say is fair enough I guess but it was ages ago and time has moved on, you could look at it another way and say he was the longest serving manager during our longest ever drought but that may be harsh...

Either way Moyes against big clubs? No thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.