2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Lookman to him but if Silva was the least bit adventurous try Kenny in front of Coleman
I would like Lookman too and I rate him and would 100% start him over Walcott, But can you say Lookman done anything when he started games earlier in the season? Obviously not to Silva.

He’s been awful for nearly an entire season and he’s being paid £120k-£140k p/w. People are entitled to call him out for his dreadful performances.

We’re not talking about some kid, still learning the trade, we’re talking about a player approaching 30 who should be one of the squad’s leaders.

Up there with our worst ever buys.
I’ve just said that you utter flute.

You haven’t addressed what I said have you. You just got angry and started smashing the keyboard.

I’ve just said that you utter flute.

You haven’t addressed what I said have you. You just got angry and started smashing the keyboard.
I reiterated what you said, with the add-on of him being amongst, if not the, highest earner at the club.

You implied that the criticism wasn’t deserved, because he has shown he can be more than utter trash last season. What he did last season is completely irrelevant to what he is doing now.

I reiterated what you said, with the add-on of him being amongst, if not the, highest earner at the club.

You implied that the criticism wasn’t deserved, because he has shown he can be more than utter trash last season. What he did last season is completely irrelevant to what he is doing now.
No I didn’t. I said people are talking as if he’s been useless since he got here but he was our best player January onwards last season.

No I didn’t. I said people are talking as if he’s been useless since he got here but he was our best player January onwards last season.
But it bears no relevance to what's happening a year later, does it?

The fact is, he's on huge wages and probably the worst performer in the team. He deserves every bit of criticism he's getting.

He obvs plays Walcott because full-backs are scared of his pace and the reputation (perhaps false) that he has. It makes teams who use their full backs to carry the ball forward think twice. The only other player we have like him is Richarlison and he has been deployed as LW or Striker a lot of the time. Lookman and Bernard are totally different.
I still think he is rank, mind.

One thing that he doesn't get credit for is that he is good off the ball. I wouldn't start him myself but I can see why Silva does, he offers more support than Richarlison or Lookman. Bernard and Walcott are very intelligent positionally.

I'll ask this again, is he actually rapid or not? I've not once seen him use blistering pace.

Lennon for example was someone who was rapid.
Seems pretty quick to me but probably not as quick as he used to be. I think you see his prospective pace from the way he's able to beat the last man and get one on one with the keeper quite often. Sadly his finishing is dreadful so it doesn't do us much good

His brain lets him down more than his legs do. He can take a player on with ease, but most of the time decides not to. On the occasions he gets through on goal, he fluffs his chances. Still the potential to be a squad player, but on the wages he's likely earning it might be best to start touting him around China sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.