Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be my perfect end to that game, 93rd minute 0-0, 3 fouls by us, not picked up, Coleman drives a long high ball into the box and an offside Richarlson punches it into the net for a 1-0 win, I swear to god I'd rather that than a 20-0 win.

I would sooner win 20 - 0.

With them going for the title and Silva under pressure I honestly think a twenty goals to nil win would have a huge impact on the rest of the season for both clubs.

I would sooner win 20 - 0.

With them going for the title and Silva under pressure I honestly think a twenty goals to nil win would have a huge impact on the rest of the season for both clubs.
I know, but think of the fume if we were to get a dodgy win.

The Roster:
Pickford
Coleman Keane Zouma Digne
Gomes
Gana Davies
Richalison Sigurdsson Bernard​

Subs:
Stekelenburg, Schniederlin, Kenny, Mina, Cenk, DCL, Lookman

Cant see us going into this one without Davies Gana Gomes and Sigurdsson coming off a huge game, so if Siggy knows where the net is then let shooters shoot:cool:. Richarlson better pick his ego up and stop dragging it around or I have no problem with him being dropped completely from the roster this weekend.

So because Sigurdsson has scored a few from midfield we play him up front?

If that "Roster" is anywhere even close I will eat my grandfather's ashes.

Here's a left field idea -- select a CF with a principal role just to mark van Dijk. I'm not talking just from corners. I'm talking for all areas of the pitch. Because VD is their pressure release valve. Having say DCL stationed right up next to him throughout the game will mean a massive reduction in the number of times those alongside and in front of him would be able to use the option of passing the ball back to him when under pressure. In turn that would mean less constructive play from them.

I get where you're coming from but wouldn't that just give us no outlet?

Here's a left field idea -- select a CF with a principal role just to mark van Dijk. I'm not talking just from corners. I'm talking for all areas of the pitch. Because VD is their pressure release valve. Having say DCL stationed right up next to him throughout the game will mean a massive reduction in the number of times those alongside and in front of him would be able to use the option of passing the ball back to him when under pressure. In turn that would mean less constructive play from them.
I genuinely think that's an outstanding idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.