• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints fans will point out to the incident were Pickford rushed out his goal and tackled one of their men and say he should have been sent off, Barney.

Now, we might think the ref was right but as the saying goes, we have seen them given.

And me and everyone around me that day held our breaths expecting a red to be produced.

You are quite right......there is no consistency but these refs are consistent with their inconsistency.

It is applied to all clubs (with one obvious exception :mad:) and we only think it is worse with us because we tend to focus only on our own club and the injustices, real or perceived, visited upon us.

Of course we focus on our own club; when we're seeing what our players are getting red cards for and then comparing that with incidents like the studs in the face v West Ham and yesterday's off the ground, studs up, out of control tackle from Torriera it's not surprising people feel the inconsistencies seem to be working against us.

We are playing a better system than last year. Creating just as many or more chances than the opposition in every game. Our strikers are either not clinical nor athletic enough to score when properly serviced. Our defence is completely unsettled due to injuries. Our midfield lacks balance and steel. Our goalkeeping has been average at best.

Last year there was not a game we lost or drew where i can think we deserved to win or at least draw. It's a start. Not the start we wanted or deserved but its a start where we can see progress. We are not top 6 we are 8-12 until we get a striker, settle our defence, firm up midfield and pickford regains his last year form.

I think Silva deserves all of this season to see what he can mold. We should be no where near relegation simply build towards next year when we can take a real run at europe. If we keep sacking managers we will become a laughingstock and no one will want to come here. Well except for Moyes.. who can't seem to let go.

That is due to our counter attacking approach. First half Arsenal, one man down vs wolves, Bournemouth(before we concede)were all our best performances this season.
We were horrible when we try to play football using possesion. It won’t work, we don’t have the players for that and the manager can’t see it.
I think it's the reason why Schneiderlin has been dropped. The way most teams play now, Everton are sitting ducks when he's sat chewing the ball in front of the defence.

Watching the way the team performed on Saturday, I'm expecting Silva to supplement his own signings with younger, more athletic members of the squad he inherited. The likes of Davies, Kenny and Calvert-Lewin have their faults, but at their age they're more likely to follow the manager's instructions to a tee, and have the athleticism and enthusiasm to push the pace longer than their more experienced counterparts.

We could have Guardiola in charge. You can’t make these spineless cowards play any better straight away. So you’re left with the choice between doing what Allardyce did and trusting them with the most basic style of football in the world, or we have to go through what might be a painful transition period and look for new signings to start make a difference. Expecting this group of players though to suddenly enact a new managers system is foolish as they’ve not played for the last 4 managers we’ve had.

Perhaps, but that’s not just it. For me, we don’t get enough bodies in the box, are lethargic and lack creativity in the middle of the park. The bodies we do get in the box need an average of three big chances to finish one (Tosun, Niasse, Walcott, DCL).

And as i said in the other thread, our defending leaves a lot to be desired too, it’s not even like we are being carved open - Kenny and Zouma were both at fault this week. Pickford and Holgate last week against West Ham.

It’s easy to say: “give us a top class striker and we’ll be fine” but it’s simply not true. Add Lacazette to this team (who isn’t a top class striker by the way - yet cost £50m) and we’ll still likely finish 7th. We’d just be closer to 6th than we might he this year.

Hi mate. How long you been a blue?

Changing the manager again wont help any long term plan. He needs to drill the players and squad he has to what he wants, bin those who cant or wont do, and integrate new ones. all sounds easy but it isn't. The expectation levels are dropping week by week. The defence is changing constantly and with the only consistent thing being the preventable goals we give away.

He needs to own his plan, own the players and then continually drive standards. I don't like comparing with others as all circumstances and personnel are different but look at Gerrard at Rangers. He is making a poor squad feel better about themselves and creating something. He is a prick but they have bought into it from day one and now are starting to thing and act positively. Marco needs to impose himself vocally and physically and demonstrate his own confidence and belief on what he is preaching. He will have our support - and once the effort is forthcoming, the team will start to build from there.

Worth reviewing that game yesterday, with some players who had more belief and a little composure we are two up early on.

Thousands of people were not holding their breath. It was just a clearance, no one even registered that he’d made contact with him, literally nothing happened. Mark Hughes being a colossal ball bag made it a thing and nothing else.

No sir.....that could have easily been construed as a red card offence to those watching from the stands.

It didn’t look obvious to anyone in the ground that it was “just a clearance”....we held our breath for a second ....you must have been a calm head in a sea of nervousness :p

And if there existed this great “conspiracy” to do us down the ref had a gilt edged chance ti reduce us to ten men :blush:

IMO We have been the victim of one blatant piece of bad refereeing this season....yesterday at Arsenal for their second goal.

And BTW, Arsenal were denied a certain penalty kick before they opened the score.

Jags was sent off for a lunge which whilst one ref may not have punished him so harshly, the next one might (indeed, did in this case).

Richarlison was pure stupidity.....you do not get away with that these days.....Manchester United had a man sent off for an exact same offence a week later so you can’t cry about the “top six” get away with stuff like that.

There is no conspiracy against EFC,

At the end of the day we failed to win at Wolves because, as subsequent results thus far have shown, they are a better team than us right now and that is actually looking like a very good point.

We failed to win at Bournemouth not because of Richey’s sending off, but because we could not hold on to a two goal lead and gifted them an easy goal then Baines conceded a needless penno.

And we were beaten yesterday because their strikers took their chances......ours squandered theirs.

Now stop annoying me, Mike.....I am trying to enjoy my holidays down here on t’ Algarve :cool:

Lacazette has 16 PL goals in 29 starts, not top class? Whatever mate.

19 goals in 45 appearances isn’t terrible but his form is very patchy, he scores in fits and starts rather than being a consistent threat. He’s not top 10 in his position or perhaps even top 20. By that definition, he’s not top class, in my book anyway.

To those suggesting we need someone like Lacazette, possibly in light of what Phil Neville said on MOTD: we'd need somebody like Ramsey too as we presently have nobody like that. Ramsey has assisted six of Lacezette's sixteen league goals.

To those suggesting we need someone like Lacazette, possibly in light of what Phil Neville said on MOTD: we'd need somebody like Ramsey too as we presently have nobody like that. Ramsey has assisted six of Lacezette's sixteen league goals.
Oh but imagine having Lacazette in our team.

A handsome, penalty box assassin who can link play and bruise it up when needed.

Dream signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.