777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No mate. QIA were former investors with me. So is KIA, the Kuwait Investment Fund, ADIA, and Mubadala, among there’s.

But I work with family groups in Asia today. Above $10bn AUM.

A lot of them are second generation kids trying to take over Dad’s business. Smart, studied in the UK or the US.

I kid you not. A lot of money trying to get out of China these days. Especially trying to invest in Europe where relationships are warm. A UK football club will be a nice marquee investment.
And when PRC reclaim Taiwan in next 2-4 years, then what. Would be Usmanov Mk2 but on a more catastrophic scale.

No disrespect intended mate, but I'm calling BS on your assertions. If you manage portfolios in those sorts of numbers, Deloite come to you.

No problem. I don’t manage their assets. Just that I worked with them or that they were my clients in my job. It may be odd to say given how much assets they are managing, but after dealing and working with them for so many years, they become personal friends are just but a one call or email away.

To be frank the institutions can move less nimbly than the family groups do. I would say if the equity amount that needs to be raised to discuss this transaction is in the ballpark of $500mm, it is something very possible indeed.

Of course do the proper KYC. But these folks have assets all across the UK

Deloitte wouldn’t call me because this is a consortium that I am thinking of putting together consisting of various groups that aren’t existing as an a combined entity on paper yet. What they will do is call the sovereign funds like a checklist (QIA, Temasek, Japan Life..)

Am saying not for BS, sure I can try to find my way around Deloitte for a chat. The point is, there are seriously a lot of good folks that can look into this deal for real. Much more than a debt laden fund manager like 777 in all sorts of trouble.

Never let our club go like that. It’s another downward spiral for the next 5 years. I already had enough the last few seasons.

And when PRC reclaim Taiwan in next 2-4 years, then what. Would be Usmanov Mk2 but on a more catastrophic scale.

No disrespect intended mate, but I'm calling BS on your assertions. If you manage portfolios in those sorts of numbers, Deloite come to you.

We have been prostituting ourselves around for 12-24 months trying to find a buyer, anyone interested has had plenty of time to come forward. Also I would guess any wealthy group would know how to contact Deloitte rather than ask on a fans forum?
We’re like that drunk bird lurching from fella to fella in the Grafton at 2am hoping for a bit of ‘girth’ while everyone else is already fixed up

This is old news. They were asked to do this in 2022 and had zero interest. I know guys who had insight into it and mentioned it here back then.
The proposed changes in PSR I think changes the land scape in terms of investment and ability to impact mate.

Not saying the headline is true, but I think the sovereign investors may look at investing in PL clubs more differently than they did before.

Last edited: