2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I’m not saying he hasn’t had a poor season.

I’m disagreeing with you about the claim he hasn’t been working hard.

But you can twist me saying that into me saying he has had a good season if you want.

Again, others not saying he has done well but just not scored, doesn’t indicate how hard he has worked.

I havent twisted anything. I dont think he's worked centre halves hard enough. I stand by that.
Apart from the sycophants in this thread its not one filled with praise for him this season.
dont really want to be in this same position next season. One game hasnt changed that. If he cant show more consistency we need to look elsewhere

IMG_8752.jpeg

Wait, now that hes finding some scoring form, people are slating him for not working hard enough? Thats laughable. Look at his career, he does what hes told to do by the manager. If hes told to run the cbs ragged, he does. If hes told to hang in the box, he does. If hes told to run the channels, he tries very hard to do so. If people wanna yell at him for not being a clinical finisher, fine, but doesnt work hard enough? Thats an absolutely silly opinion to have for anyone watching us. Whats next, hating on Coleman for being a bad example to the younger players?
Be honest, why do the haters dislike him so much? Its the skirt photos, isnt it? Yeah, thats what i thought.

Where did I laugh at you? Excepted for squad planning in the 24/25 season.

I quoted people talking about his goals this/next season and highlighted that i posted about him reaching double figures in league goals before this season is over.

Just saying "they" as in some posters but see where the mood has swung now...positivity!

I thought DCL was excellent against the RS .

I think generally speaking that he works hard in each game.

However to suggest that he hasn't had a poor season would be wrong.

He is not and I fear never will be a natural goal scorer.

Might not be a popular opinion after the euphoria of the Derby win but I'd look to sell DCL in the summer whilst his stock is reasonably high , particularly given our financial situation.

@Zatara what sort of fee would you expect?

I thought DCL was excellent against the RS .

I think generally speaking that he works hard in each game.

However to suggest that he hasn't had a poor season would be wrong.

He is not and I fear never will be a natural goal scorer.

Might not be a popular opinion after the euphoria of the Derby win but I'd look to sell DCL in the summer whilst his stock is reasonably high , particularly given our financial situation.

@Zatara what sort of fee would you expect?
What is the going rate for a Striker with 3 goals in 4 games?

80million?

I quoted people talking about his goals this/next season and highlighted that i posted about him reaching double figures in league goals before this season is over.

Just saying "they" as in some posters but see where the mood has swung now...positivity!
Oh I see, you know in Dyche sides you need to be a striker to use one of few chances, sometimes even 1 or 2 shots all game, he's still been pretty wasteful overall this season.

But been nothing but excellent against Liverpool.

I think hes always been a very hard worker. The whole criticism in his first couple of years was he worked so hard and was good at everything BUT finishing. He just couldnt finish. Then he did finish for 6 months and scored a lot of goals and I think the assumption was he finally found that touch.

Personally I think we are back to where we were, where he works really hard and does the rest of the job pretty well, but still struggles to finish. His rate of shots off target, or hitting it at the keeper when its on target are both almost leading our team. So the real question is, was his goal spree the aberration, or his last years struggles?

No he hasnt. He hasnt made an impact in months. The game against liverpool is what he should be doing most weeks. Making life hard for centre halves. Go back through this thread for the whole season and hardly anyone is praising him for working his socks off.
Turned up in the derby, but he's had a crap season. No point in lying.
String a few performances together like wednesday would be a good start.
He's always worked hard for the team. You can criticize him for a lot but not his work rate. He's been by himself to there all season with next to no service.

Stop chatting absolute wham.

He's always worked hard for the team. You can criticize him for a lot but not his work rate. He's been by himself to there all season with next to no service.

Stop chatting absolute wham.

No he hasnt. Most teams play with one up front. Look at the way ollie watkins plays. Thats working your socks off. He doesnt stroll around but he certainly hasnt made centre halves have tough days.

No he hasnt. Most teams play with one up front. Look at the way ollie watkins plays. Thats working your socks off. He doesnt stroll around but he certainly hasnt made centre halves have tough days.
He's won the most aerial duels in the premier league this season as a forward. That's working a centre half over. Or do you want Marcus Bent up front?

DCL isn't a bad striker, it's just often we don't play to his strengths, Carlo did, hence his great form. We had Digne and Coleman to put in balls into him. We had Janes, Richy to give him support. I think people overexaggerated how good he was against Liverpool, not to say he was poor, but whole team was excellent, other than Doucz who was average. Personally I think Tarks was our man of the match, Jared, Godfrey, Gueye, Pickford and Harrison we all MOTM contenders as well. He needs decent crosses and balls played through sadly he ends up with back to goal all the time and that doesn't suit him. I'd like to see him with Dobbin or Chermiti to help him. City have bought players to suit Haaland and he's 1 of the best players in world atm. We simply don't play to DCLs strengths same happened with Jelavic.