VAR

I think I saw something similar that said they didn't ask for a change but were just 'advising'.
"
BBC Sport has been told Nottingham Forest made contact with PGMOL on Friday to highlight the potential for Nuno Espirito Santo being asked about Stuart Attwell’s appointment in his weekly press conference that afternoon.

As it turned out, the subject was not raised in the press conference.

It is being stressed that at no point were PGMOL asked to change the appointment or that Forest had an issue with Attwell’s involvement in the game.
"

"
BBC Sport has been told Nottingham Forest made contact with PGMOL on Friday to highlight the potential for Nuno Espirito Santo being asked about Stuart Attwell’s appointment in his weekly press conference that afternoon.

As it turned out, the subject was not raised in the press conference.

It is being stressed that at no point were PGMOL asked to change the appointment or that Forest had an issue with Attwell’s involvement in the game.
"
That pretty much means Forest told journalists about it before the press conference about it thinking they would make a big fuss about it and nobody took them on which makes it even better.

What exactly were they checking on Branthwaite's goal last night? No one was remotely offside on the replay?
I think they were always gonna labour over any call perceived as tight last night, after the Forest farce. The initial ball in was a tight one on Branthwaite, who did win the header to set up the ping-pong for the goal. Seemed to be established almost immediately that he was on, the rest was just pantomime.

In the Man. United game Maguire looked far more offside than the Coventry guy did.

Would be interested to see the lines drawn out for that as was excluded from MOTD highlights.

One thing I really liked last night was they finally showed a straight image for the penalty offside (which was correct). Always annoys me that TV boasts of having 30-40 cameras in stadiums nowadays and then we get diabolical and slanted angles to try to look at offsides from. Could clearly see DCL was ahead of the last defender rather than having to judge toe nails and limbs.

The automated offsides can't come soon enough next season.

The initial cross from the freekick - ended up being comfortably onside. Was silly just how closely they assessed the rest of the play, but I guess they're terrified of making any mistakes after last weekend.
Thanks they didn't show much on the screen re the initial cross. Agreed just silly to take this long (3 minutes?) to look at the rest of the play where everyone looked on!