Summer 2024 transfer thread.

You also have to factor in the Ashley Williams factor with Tarkowski.
Both similar style of players, carrying a lot of muscle! When mother age or the bones get a little bit less kind, its harder to carry that type of weight, and as we saw with Williams, the decline was huge!

Its why Jags managed to play for so long, he was never a big huge unit!

images

mfw you compare Tarks to Ashley Williams

Need 6 players min:

- a starting right back
- a centre back to immediately or eventually take over from JB
- a starting right winger
- 2 new midfielders
- one versatile player who can play on the left and cover for Myko and McNeil

Need 6 players min:

- a starting right back
- a centre back to immediately or eventually take over from JB
- a starting right winger
- 2 new midfielders
- one versatile player who can play on the left and cover for Myko and McNeil

Linked
RB/CB: Rav Van Den Berg (Boro) £20m
RW: Yaser Asprilla (Watford) £20-30m

Linked
RB/CB: Rav Van Den Berg (Boro) £20m
RW: Yaser Asprilla (Watford) £20-30m
Zat. Van Den Berg isn't ready for the step up yet mate, I watched him again against Leeds the other week (seen him about 5-6 times now) He is not the answer and he is a CB not a RB. I wouldn't pay £10m for him atm.

Zat. Van Den Berg isn't ready for the step up yet mate, I watched him again against Leeds the other week (seen him about 5-6 times now) He is not the answer and he is a CB not a RB. I wouldn't pay £10m for him atm.

As i say, just 'linked'.

Hes played both positions though and i wonder if in Dyches system a right back would be more use compared to someone who is used to playing both roles.

Who would you aim for at RB?

As i say, just 'linked'.

Hes played both positions though and i wonder if in Dyches system a right back would be more use compared to someone who is used to playing both roles.

Who would you aim for at RB?
He isn't a PL player though atm, and he seems to play more at CB for Boro and he looks pretty meh tbh. I said to someone the other day I have no idea about RB as the modern day style RB doesn't fit the way we play ultimately. Also Asprilla is decent but never in a million years worth the money you posted there.

He isn't a PL player though atm, and he seems to play more at CB for Boro and he looks pretty meh tbh. I said to someone the other day I have no idea about RB as the modern day style RB doesn't fit the way we play ultimately. Also Asprilla is decent but never in a million years worth the money you posted there.

Yeah thats what theyre asking for him apparently. Hes also been linked to Barca and a few other sides...paying for potential.

We are going to be looking properly bare bones this summer. Any purchases will need funding by sales to both Onana and Branthwaite, so we’ll need to get it right.

Harrison, Danjuma, Gomes and Dele will need replacing, and I can sense new one year deals for Gana, Coleman and Young. Probably down to a squad of about 16 players excluding the likes of Dobbin and Lonergan who barely count. Though never fear, we do have Holgate and Maupay returning. A huge summer incoming amongst the takeover drama.

We are going to be looking properly bare bones this summer. Any purchases will need funding by sales to both Onana and Branthwaite, so we’ll need to get it right.

Harrison, Danjuma, Gomes and Dele will need replacing, and I can sense new one year deals for Gana, Coleman and Young. Probably down to a squad of about 16 players excluding the likes of Dobbin and Lonergan who barely count. Though never fear, we do have Holgate and Maupay returning. A huge summer incoming amongst the takeover drama.

As ive posted a few times:

Only 17 players have played more than 5 games worth of minutes.

Dyche typically makes the same subs and its not as if he adapts tactics

We need a smaller but higher quality squad

Why do Danjuma and Dele need replacing?

The system is unsustainable over a full season as players get run into the ground due to all the constant running they do, if we go with your way then we will end up with another winless run again at some point. You need options to allow rotation, especially around the Christmas period which is where it started to go wrong for us this season.

If we're looking to replace Gueye this summer (his 135 after all) it might be worthwhile looking at Ben Sheaf. Likely to be relatively cheap, excellent tackler and performed well in the FA Cup semi final this year. Can play in the middle of the park or in front of the defence.

Mika Biereth is also worth a look, contract expiring in June and has performed well at Sturm Graz all year - and before you call me a YouTube scout, my brother-in-law is from there so I've been watching him quite a bit and he's got a lot of potential.

It's been great to get so few injuries this season compared to most prem teams. Man. United, Brighton, Newcastle, Chelsea have probably played about 200 back four combinations between them. Villa had three key players suffer ACLs in six months and Jacob Ramsey only played 10 games. Spurs had Maddison and Van De Ven out for two months mid season.

Dyche likes his small squad for sure but you can never get complacent as that's when you will struggle when a few players get injured at the same time.

Who plays LB last night with Myko out if Young isn't around? Godfrey was on the other side so couldn't shift him there with the other two RBs out and Garner and McNeill were playing too well in midfield to shift them to full back.

That's where having a smaller squad than this season and then picking up an injury mid game would have real drawbacks.

On balance I'd give Young another year. The problem is he's just started far too many games especially in forward areas which really shouldn't be happening but as a second half sub to protect a lead he's still decent enough as last night showed.