2023/24 James Tarkowski

View attachment 254098
Tarkowski at FT, last member of staff to congratulate. Reddit obvs.
Tarks stayed on the pitch celebrating with tons of the club staff. I do really think he loves the club and gets it. Can't ask for a better CB and role model for Jared tbh. Gives his all and has that element of snide about his play too.

Best CB duo we have had in a long time

I think this feller is turning into one of my favourite Everton players of all time.

He's a colossal defender / stopper; brilliant organiser and motivator on the pitch; plays with a smile on his face...and has a massive snide streak with opposition players.

Not that I want him anywhere near the England team, but years ago, before they wanted to turn every English CB into Paolo Maldini, he'd have walked into the national team.

Player of the season and a more than fitting captain to take over that honour from Seamus.

For the DCL goal a good collaboration between Godfrey, Tarks and DCL. You see Tarks talking to DCL who then lingered at the far post. The deep corner comes and VDV starts to move towards the ball, Godfrey blocks him then Tarks blocks him to ensure he ain't getting close to the ball. Think the closest Liverpool player to DCL was Trent who had no chance against DCL. VDV was totally nullified with clever play from Godfrey and Tarks

For the DCL goal a good collaboration between Godfrey, Tarks and DCL. You see Tarks talking to DCL who then lingered at the far post. The deep corner comes and VDV starts to move towards the ball, Godfrey blocks him then Tarks blocks him to ensure he ain't getting close to the ball. Think the closest Liverpool player to DCL was Trent who had no chance against DCL. VDV was totally nullified with clever play from Godfrey and Tarks
I looked at that again last night. I stand to be corrected, but it looked like the sequence was Godfrey blocked off Van Dijk and Tarkowski blocked Szoboszlai.

In that tunnel video from Everton I was surprised he's got DeM TeKkErZ like that for some reason. Pro footballer and all but you rarely see someone who's known for being a hard man do around the worlds lol

I looked at that again last night. I stand to be corrected, but it looked like the sequence was Godfrey blocked off Van Dijk and Tarkowski blocked Szoboszlai.

….yep, it looked like Godfrey did that job on VVD throughout the game. It’s something they’ve done for years so it’s really good to see Dyche and the coaches clearly working on it at FF. The trick is not bringing the block into VAR consideration.

It’s why I think Klopp was ‘smiling’ after the DCL goal. He commented afterwards that they were fully aware of our threat at the far post and yet he still had a free header. I got the impression he was being highly critical of his own coaches. We certainly out-coached them on set-pieces.

….yep, it looked like Godfrey did that job on VVD throughout the game. It’s something they’ve done for years so it’s really good to see Dyche and the coaches clearly working on it at FF. The trick is not bringing the block into VAR consideration.

It’s why I think Klopp was ‘smiling’ after the DCL goal. He commented afterwards that they were fully aware of our threat at the far post and yet he still had a free header. I got the impression he was being highly critical of his own coaches. We certainly out-coached them on set-pieces.
They had not heart for the battle, that was the ultimate reason they were handily beaten by us. And that was down to him and his captain.

The pair of them won't be at Liverpool next season.

For me he’s cut out of the same cloth as Baines, Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta, and Jags. Lucky to have him, can’t imagine us without him.

I think this feller is turning into one of my favourite Everton players of all time.

He's a colossal defender / stopper; brilliant organiser and motivator on the pitch; plays with a smile on his face...and has a massive snide streak with opposition players.

Not that I want him anywhere near the England team, but years ago, before they wanted to turn every English CB into Paolo Maldini, he'd have walked into the national team.

Player of the season and a more than fitting captain to take over that honour from Seamus.

Think we underate him for his passing short and long as well, very composed i feel and as you said an excellent role model for Jarrad, just hope we can keep that pairing for a few years yet.