2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Is a tap-in 0.5 of a goal, or 0.75? I can't remember these days

It’s a full goal but it’s still relevant as when the team inevitably has a long spell when they stop creating sitters, then we have a striker that has a long spell of not scoring goals, like we’ve just seen.

I watched a compilation of Solanke’s goals this season - lots that he created himself or were half chances at best. Pains me to say as he’s long been mocked on here, but we could do with a striker like that.

Due a goal v them.

Cmon Dom, if fit, I would love Bella ciao ringing out at the end against those Tory facist rats from across the park.

It’s a full goal but it’s still relevant as when the team inevitably has a long spell when they stop creating sitters, then we have a striker that has a long spell of not scoring goals, like we’ve just seen.

I watched a compilation of Solanke’s goals this season - lots that he created himself or were half chances at best. Pains me to say as he’s long been mocked on here, but we could do with a striker like that.
Everton under Dyche won't become a team to create 6-7 big chances every game. So a striker must sometimes use the only moment of a game. DCL had a big chance against Forest, Burnley and Bournemouth, ok a fluke goal after willing to press and a pen, but still missed a big one one from open play respectively set pieces.

You see Bournemouth against us, Solanke had one chance the whole game, he took it. Chris Wood luckily missed against us, but he scored 13 goals with 34 shots in the whole season.

Don't believe that DCL is worse than those 2 on full potential.

Chermiti should not be starting vs that lot. It’s what Dyche did with simms last year. It’s poor management to bring in a kid for this one game.
I don’t see much choice if DCL is a risk because we can’t take that risk. Chermiti was bought to be third choice striker, IMO it’s worse management to have him waiting around all year then still not play him in the exact circumstances he’s been waiting for.

….i think DCL is playing in 3rd gear, it happens subconsciously with footballers protecting big muscle injuries.

It happened with James McCarthy. Top form before serious hamstring tear and when he came back he was poor. Then he let the handbrake off in a couple of games (Arsenal, Liverpool) where he was outstanding but the muscle popped again.

I have my doubts he’ll return to the high standards he once hit.
Yeah, I think he's finished. It happens. We can't rely on him anyway, with the injuries, so we need to ensure we have proper cover in the attack next season. Going into another season with DCL as your main striker is asking for Championship football.

Chermiti should not be starting vs that lot. It’s what Dyche did with simms last year. It’s poor management to bring in a kid for this one game.
He's a centre forward,we've paid decent dough for him,Beto and Calvert Lewin will probably sit this one out,the kid should be chomping at the bit for a chance in a derby,yes Simms didn't work last time but over the period lets face it our first team strikers haven't exactly stepped up to the plate either in these games,we are always so over protective of our youths.