2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Come on. An inability to positively and effectively manage young and emerging talent is a key competency for a modern, progressive manager. Especially so for a club in the state ours is currently in. Dyche's reflex is to always turn to old guard. This reflects something about him and doesn't serve us well. My point would be further underlined if any of these three nailed on pens against Youngy would have been given on Saturday.
Branthwaite plays every game and ahead of an experienced bloke who Dyche is supposed to "love" in Keane.

It depends if the young player is good enough.

I reckon his agent will be looking to move him on in the Summer.

Sad, but yet another player of 'promise' who, for whatever reason, succumbs to the 'Curse of Goodison'.
This is what you get if you spend loads of money who has played about ten games at a lower level.

It could have worked out but there are no guarantees.

I reckon his agent will be looking to move him on in the Summer.

Sad, but yet another player of 'promise' who, for whatever reason, succumbs to the 'Curse of Goodison'.
I think he might be sent on loan to a championship team to get games under his belt every week, I am surprised however that he never got a game on the wing ahead of the full back as Coleman did when he was learning his trade under Moyes.

Branthwaite plays every game and ahead of an experienced bloke who Dyche is supposed to "love" in Keane.

Not really, it depends if there's enough fan backlash and if he gets asked 500 times in pressers about a player.

We do truly love our geriatrics nowadays though, so no shockers there he never gets asked.

Visit Scotland often to visit my son in Edinburgh.

Scot's I get chatting too up there, can't believe how his career-progress has faltered with EFC.
Realistically they have no idea what they're talking about though do they because he only ever started about 7 games for Rangers before he moved here so even the most hardcore Rangers fans wouldn't be able to tell you too much about what level he was before he left nevermind just an average Scottish fan.

In fairness though Branthwaite is a truly outstanding youngster, who has a maturity beyond his years and the experienced bloke is calamity Keane. Even Dyche can see that Branthwaite is ina different league.

Realistically they have no idea what they're talking about though do they because he only ever started about 7 games for Rangers before he moved here so even the most hardcore Rangers fans wouldn't be able to tell you too much about what level he was before he left nevermind just an average Scottish fan.

Oddly enough you don't find that many Rangers fans in Edinburgh

Branthwaite wasn't trusted by Dyche to be a starter, it was only after Keane's masterclass at Villa.

Garner wasn't played in his actual position until Dyche tried and failed to make the Doucoure/Gana/Onana combo work. Ironically again at Villa in the cup.

He plays younger players but not till we've already lost points sticking with his experienced favourites.

Mostly Hearts and Hibs fans, I think they were making a judgement on his 20 odd senior Scottish caps.

Branthwaite wasn't trusted by Dyche to be a starter, it was only after Keane's masterclass at Villa.

Garner wasn't played in his actual position until Dyche tried and failed to make the Doucoure/Gana/Onana combo work. Ironically again at Villa in the cup.

He plays younger players but not till we've already lost points sticking with his experienced favourites.
He literally has not played Branthwaite in 2 games that he was eligible for. Both of which when he had just came back from PSV previously.

Onana is actually younger than Garner. Garner doesn't play the same role as Doucoure and I would say Gana is a better player than him (or at least more effective).

Him not playing young players and relying on old players is a complete myth really. Currently we are basically playing whoever is available.