2023/24 Sean Dyche

We are highly limited, with a pretty threadbare squad.
With the Financial constraints, point deductions and the uncertainty regarding the take over , to be almost safe with 4 matches to go is minor miracle.
A few months ago people would have snatched your hand off to be in the position we are in now.
Like Pulis Dyche is s modern day firefighter.

For years, we've longed for a manager who doesn't mince words, someone who understands the frustrations we, as fans, discuss fervently on this forum. Behind the scenes, our club is evidently in disarray—a board that seems disengaged, financial constraints that have led to sporting sanctions, and spiralling stadium costs.

After his comments after the Chelsea drubbing, he basically confirmed what a lot of us have been saying for a long time - it appears the players in the dressing room wield far too much influence over managerial decisions.

Sean Dyche has consistently echoed our sentiments as fans. It's refreshing, yet somewhat disconcerting, to see our private discussions laid bare by the man at the helm. Despite the mediocre quality of football, which is a direct result of previous managers' unsuccessful attempts to foster an attacking playstyle with an ill-suited squad, Dyche's frank approach is a breath of fresh air.

Remarkably, we find ourselves with a fighting chance in the relegation battle, even after two seperate points deductions - a scenario that seemed improbable.

Should Dyche manage to keep us up, it would be nothing short of a miracle. In these turbulent times, his straightforward, no-nonsense leadership might just be the lifeline we need.

UTFT
Great post mate and pretty much sums it up 💙

Very important 3 points today, but, for once, we got lucky with some questionable refereeing decisions. It really is horrible to watch, but. If he grinds out 1 more win and we don't lose to Luton, we should be ok. Hopefully the off field situation is addressed quickly and who ever is in charge can say thanks Sean, but your sacked. The thought of Dyche overseeing the total rebuild that will have to begin in the summer is terrifying.

To be fair to Dyche, his premier league career average is 44 points per season and he is bang on course for a 44 point season this year (43.7 actually), so you have to give it to him. He does what he says on the tin.

I think he’ll resign if he keeps us up though. No manager needs what he’s had for 14 months.
Can’t see him walking away from them wages mate

To be fair to Dyche, his premier league career average is 44 points per season and he is bang on course for a 44 point season this year (43.7 actually), so you have to give it to him. He does what he says on the tin.

I think he’ll resign if he keeps us up though. No manager needs what he’s had for 14 months.
I can promise you right now there is not a chance on earth he is walking away from the best job he will ever get

Very important 3 points today, but, for once, we got lucky with some questionable refereeing decisions. It really is horrible to watch, but. If he grinds out 1 more win and we don't lose to Luton, we should be ok. Hopefully the off field situation is addressed quickly and who ever is in charge can say thanks Sean, but your sacked. The thought of Dyche overseeing the total rebuild that will have to begin in the summer is terrifying.
Pretty much this. Watching his version of football and impregnating that in this club will be disastrous

As soon as we’re mathematically safe let’s shake hands and he can walk away and tell the world how he saved Everton

I get people dislike some of our football these last 4-5 months, and Sean Dyche's style isn't for everyone (though it's irrelevant).

Ignoring:
  • This squad has been hurtling for relegation in most of the last 3 seasons
  • And that it's not a squad he's bought
I'd like to know:
  • What has he actually spent in his time in charge keeping us up twice.
  • How does this compare to any other relegated sides in the last say 5 seasons
Without the deductions (and saying this galvanises players is short-term, the mental pressure and fatigue of long-term relegation status is WAAAY more draining), we're safe. It is incredible what he's done, it's the essential dirty work following years of top-down mismanagement and the most revolting complacency in coaching decision-making I've witnessed in 40 years watching football.

We've been run along the lines of Wigan and Bolton, and he's picked up the remains and kept us up. And finally as of this summer he earns the right to start binning the accumuluated crap in our squad.

Dele and co out the door first please.

Thank you Sean

I think, in the end, it will be fine to say he has worked absolute miracles given everything going on and the appalling squad mentality, but also still want him gone. Both views are compatible.

But next seasons squad is potentially even worse, and we “may” start off on negative points. We”d end up looking for a Dyche style manager to limp us to BMD intact after having just given a Dyche style manager a few million to walk away.

I get people dislike some of our football these last 4-5 months, and Sean Dyche's style isn't for everyone (though it's irrelevant).

Ignoring:
  • This squad has been hurtling for relegation in most of the last 3 seasons
  • And that it's not a squad he's bought
I'd like to know:
  • What has he actually spent in his time in charge keeping us up twice.
  • How does this compare to any other relegated sides in the last say 5 seasons
Without the deductions (and saying this galvanises players is short-term, the mental pressure and fatigue of long-term relegation status is WAAAY more draining), we're safe. It is incredible what he's done, it's the essential dirty work following years of top-down mismanagement and the most revolting complacency in coaching decision-making I've witnessed in 40 years watching football.

We've been run along the lines of Wigan and Bolton, and he's picked up the remains and kept us up. And finally as of this summer he earns the right to start binning the accumuluated crap in our squad.

Dele and co out the door first please.

Thank you Sean
And Co?

Next season is going to be a nightmare with loads of first team players out of contract or getting sold for ffp and very unlikely we will replace them with anyone of quality either

Also looks like it will be more competitive than ever especially if Leicester, Leeds and Southampton come up.