2023/24 Sean Dyche

Good post, this. The point about Iwobi is important. I do think that there are so many players with unlocked potential and there is a lot of ‘who luck’ for players in that a manager is appointed that will get the best out of them. Brighton have a load of them when you see wellbeck going back to Man United and scoring against them after they released him. Iwobi got a lot of stick here but would have been very useful this season.

We had to sell Iwobi though regardless of whether Dyche wanted him, and he ended up with Harrison on loan instead.

I was no big fan of Iwobi but he went for 20 mill to a mid table prem team. Dyche played him a lot last season so probably would have kept playing him.

Eventually we can’t keep selling all our better players and expect managers to not only keep us in the league but have us improving.

Since he’s walked through the door we’ve sold Gordon Iwobi Gray. As useless as some of them were for us under Lampard that’s effectively the entire first choice attack gone. We’re probably likely to sell one of Onana or Branthwaite in the summer, no doubt Dele and Gomes will be out the door as well.

I’m sure Dyche would have loved to have even what Lampard had with Richarlison DCL Gordon upfront, Iwobi and Dele on the bench, Allan behind them, and even that wasn’t good enough.

You can’t give managers an attacking collection of DCL Beto McNeil Harrison Doucoure Danjuma Young and expect them to be playing successful attacking football. I don’t care what anyone says, that lot are toilet. Gordon Iwobi Gray were also terrible but were levels above this lot currently.

We had to sell Iwobi though regardless of whether Dyche wanted him, and he ended up with Harrison on loan instead.

I was no big fan of Iwobi but he went for 20 mill to a mid table prem team. Dyche played him a lot last season so probably would have kept playing him.

Eventually we can’t keep selling all our better players and expect managers to not only keep us in the league but have us improving.

Since he’s walked through the door we’ve sold Gordon Iwobi Gray. As useless as some of them were for us under Lampard that’s effectively the entire first choice attack gone. We’re probably likely to sell one of Onana or Branthwaite in the summer, no doubt Dele and Gomes will be out the door as well.

I’m sure Dyche would have loved to have even what Lampard had with Richarlison DCL Gordon upfront, Iwobi and Dele on the bench, Allan behind them, and even that wasn’t good enough.

You can’t give managers an attacking collection of DCL Beto McNeil Harrison Doucoure Danjuma Young and expect them to be playing successful attacking football. I don’t care what anyone says, that lot are toilet. Gordon Iwobi Gray were also terrible but were levels above this lot currently.

The most amazing thing mate, is selling our best players and somehow still managing to post organic losses of £90 mill after it.

It’s a very talented level of incompetence.

It’s an impossible job at the moment and immediately doesn’t look like improving if we stay up.

We sold Gordon before he came in and he absolutely hated Gray and basically pushed him out the door himself lol lol

I agree with your first point but your second, I'm not too sure he has that many options to choose from. Add to that, he sees what we dont about players and how they are performing during the week in training and who is carrying undisclosed niggly injuries. His football is turgid and 'safe' but I'm going to cut him some slack. Must win game though or he's out lol
Can only agree to a certain extent, If it wasn't for pressure from the fans keggers would still be playing.

He's persisting with young shoehorned . He hasn't tried harrison on his best side once from the start.

Never dropped mcneil no matter what.

Reactive subs everytime. I could go on to be fair but it's boring

I’m not a Dyche fan. I would happily see him gone. There is an odd thing though. When other managers stayed quiet about the mess our club was in and the hierarchy that made it that way they were derided for doing so. Dyche has brought this up a number of times. Sometimes softer than others. When he has though, guess what, he is derided for it !!

Dyche (and others before him) are working in an absolute nightmare. Incompetence abounds. Moshri to be fair to him invested heavily. Issue was he didn’t know he arm from his elbow so squandered the investment listening to the wrong people (BK et al).

Dyche has no chance of surviving the take over in my opinion. I suspect The club have been told not to offer a new contract as 777 have a different plan.

Whoever comes in next let’s hope they have the backing of the new owners and a quality team is wrapped around the club top to bottom. Otherwise whoever they are they will fail.

I’m not a Dyche fan. I would happily see him gone. There is an odd thing though. When other managers stayed quiet about the mess our club was in and the hierarchy that made it that way they were derided for doing so. Dyche has brought this up a number of times. Sometimes softer than others. When he has though, guess what, he is derided for it !!

Dyche (and others before him) are working in an absolute nightmare. Incompetence abounds. Moshri to be fair to him invested heavily. Issue was he didn’t know he arm from his elbow so squandered the investment listening to the wrong people (BK et al).

Dyche has no chance of surviving the take over in my opinion. I suspect The club have been told not to offer a new contract as 777 have a different plan.

Whoever comes in next let’s hope they have the backing of the new owners and a quality team is wrapped around the club top to bottom. Otherwise whoever they are they will fail.

I think he’s blown a massive chance, he could have used the fan unrest with the boardroom and acted as our voice.

He should have used the fans to his benefit, but even last year the club had to tell him to do a coach arrival so the fans could greet the team.

His greatest asset at present is the fans, his football is dire and he’s losing support week by week from people who stood by him. He should have channeled everything into the fans, instead he’s about self preservation.

Can only agree to a certain extent, If it wasn't for pressure from the fans keggers would still be playing.

He's persisting with young shoehorned . He hasn't tried harrison on his best side once from the start.

Never dropped mcneil no matter what.

Reactive subs everytime. I could go on to be fair but it's boring
J hear you brother but I'm not sure I have enough info to agree or not. Hopefully we all realise he doesn't have many options but he does look too risk averse in his decision making

One thing that annoys me is that people defend him because of the points deduction. He’s been lucky to have it, it’s a good excuse for the poor performances (because he can say it’s in the players heads) when in reality, given our best run was after it, I’d say it galvanised them a bit.

The deduction also masks the fact that the 35points Dyche has managed to win, is still firmly in the relegation performance zone. Leicester went down with 34 points and the year before that Burnley went down with 35. We are simply lucky this year that the promoted teams are not up to it this season.

For years, we've longed for a manager who doesn't mince words, someone who understands the frustrations we, as fans, discuss fervently on this forum. Behind the scenes, our club is evidently in disarray—a board that seems disengaged, financial constraints that have led to sporting sanctions, and spiralling stadium costs.

After his comments after the Chelsea drubbing, he basically confirmed what a lot of us have been saying for a long time - it appears the players in the dressing room wield far too much influence over managerial decisions.

Sean Dyche has consistently echoed our sentiments as fans. It's refreshing, yet somewhat disconcerting, to see our private discussions laid bare by the man at the helm. Despite the mediocre quality of football, which is a direct result of previous managers' unsuccessful attempts to foster an attacking playstyle with an ill-suited squad, Dyche's frank approach is a breath of fresh air.

Remarkably, we find ourselves with a fighting chance in the relegation battle, even after two seperate points deductions - a scenario that seemed improbable.

Should Dyche manage to keep us up, it would be nothing short of a miracle. In these turbulent times, his straightforward, no-nonsense leadership might just be the lifeline we need.

UTFT

For years, we've longed for a manager who doesn't mince words, someone who understands the frustrations we, as fans, discuss fervently on this forum. Behind the scenes, our club is evidently in disarray—a board that seems disengaged, financial constraints that have led to sporting sanctions, and spiralling stadium costs.

After his comments after the Chelsea drubbing, he basically confirmed what a lot of us have been saying for a long time - it appears the players in the dressing room wield far too much influence over managerial decisions.

Sean Dyche has consistently echoed our sentiments as fans. It's refreshing, yet somewhat disconcerting, to see our private discussions laid bare by the man at the helm. Despite the mediocre quality of football, which is a direct result of previous managers' unsuccessful attempts to foster an attacking playstyle with an ill-suited squad, Dyche's frank approach is a breath of fresh air.

Remarkably, we find ourselves with a fighting chance in the relegation battle, even after two seperate points deductions - a scenario that seemed improbable.

Should Dyche manage to keep us up, it would be nothing short of a miracle. In these turbulent times, his straightforward, no-nonsense leadership might just be the lifeline we need.

UTFT
A miracle 🤣🤣🤣🤣 one win
In 15. Worst winless run in 67yrs 3 wins all home all season, Lowest open play scorers in the league. Worst defeat in 19yrs.
Theses players aren’t that bad as them records suggest. So he’s not improving the players and he’s more concerned with trying not to lose games, instead of winning them