2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Had a few mistakes creep in recently but he's been rock solid for a few seasons now. I wish he'd take more control of his box but he shouldn't be a target for boo boys, he's been excellent since he started sports psychology if you ask me
Agreed. Hard to know where his head is at going forward. Seems content here. But over the last month or so, whilst the usual suspects have all been been utterly crap, our only 3 properly saleable assets have all thrown in a few wobbles, or in Onana’s case dropped from competent to soft and anonymous. Makes you wonder if they are all thinking about what’s next, knowing the club might make a choice for them.

I love how over 7 seasons or whatever it is now he’s managed to be basically exactly average across any significant stretch. Any time he’s playing well he has some stinkers to make it clear he’s still just average, and the other way too where he usually responds to a bad stretch with a game where he absolutely bails us out. Remarkable consistency.

Oh get off his back.
All goalies make errors.
He's one of the main reasons we're able to discuss his performance in a premiership game today.
Look at the mistakes our forwards make week after week, they cost us a lot more points than Pickford.
Wouldn't disagree with you about our strikers. But Pickfords not good enough. Never has been. Too erratic, too twitchy. Been watching some past games of this season. Lost count of the times we concede from 3 yards out when he should be coming out and gathering the ball, but instead he's glued to his line. In fact sometimes he's behind his line.

Not quite sure why he was 30 yards out anyway for that goal last night. We are a long ball team - stay on the edge of your box.