2023/24 Sean Dyche

Basket case of a club is more likely to hand him a new deal then do the right thing.

This has been awful for a long time, I’d normally not be overly upset at being beat by Chelsea, not like we have a great record there - but last night was the final nail in a coffin which had been massively nailed shut.

So many poor things about him, but last night setting us up with a high line when we have got no fast players or anyone who can get a grip of a game is negligence.

He needs to be binned asap

come on mate.
tonight struck me as the players having had enough of his coaching and having a go themselves only to completely collapse.
I totally blame Dyche. Dunno the full story of what happened in portugal but that's a manager with zero respect from his players.

Having a go themselves? Yeah, ok. He clearly set them up to press high and have a high line. It's not his fault that our squad is full of mentally weak players and players who think they're too big for the club. It can't always be the manager to blame and we have seen this nonsense time and time again with this group under many different managers.

I stand by that last night structurally in the first half we set up fine and we had chances to go ahead before they did but once again poor finishing let us down and then silly and weak defending let them do what they wanted. Chelsea are and were absolutely there to be got at, they're not a good side and they have holes all over. We are just rubbish.

If the players aren’t playing for him then they are stabbing the supporters in the back to. We need to get these murmurings addressed and quickly with the captain making a statement in support for him. Far too late in the season to down tools.

Why are fans saying players are not playing for him, what is he supposed to do etc, this manager is an absolute dinasour, he is breaking record after record of being our worst manager ever, that was our heaviest defeat in 19 years.

Both Burnley and Sheffield United both got results at Chelsea recently with worse players than ours.

Burnley sacked this clown for a reason

Basket case of a club is more likely to hand him a new deal then do the right thing.

This has been awful for a long time, I’d normally not be overly upset at being beat by Chelsea, not like we have a great record there - but last night was the final nail in a coffin which had been massively nailed shut.

So many poor things about him, but last night setting us up with a high line when we have got no fast players or anyone who can get a grip of a game is negligence.

He needs to be binned asap
I can’t see him getting a new contract in the summer now after this run. New owners will be keeping an eye on performances and whether we stay up or go down id say it’ll be adios.

I do have sympathy over the points deductions but the results have been atrocious for months. And I get that quite a few of the squad are not PL level, more so than in previous seasons, but surely he has got to try something instead of selecting the same old useless tripe we see out there every week.

It was horrible. Respect to the away guys I could hear singing even in the 2nd half.

This is not devil's advocate just a step-back for a sec
  • Dyche reflects years of mis-management from BK, Mosh and the knee jerk appointments and splurges that got us here
  • Dyche also pulled us clear when Frank's run was turning into a nosedive.
  • He's had no real cash
  • This summer his stint as well as keeping us up ( which I think he and the team will do ) will also include seeing out more of cling-on squad members that limit our on-field options right now (Dele etc)
  • Against Chels his judgement was off. Tried to be positive, coulda parked the bus and lost 2-0. I saw a comment on here saying that would've at least preserved our Goal Dif advantage. There's probably sense in that. But we're all so fed up we want to see our team win, so Dyche rolls the dice and our lack of quality is exposed and he's culprit for that, too. Plenty of comments to the effect of "these are there to have a go at" at the start of this thread. Beto misses from a yard, and our brittle mentality collapses the first time they score. It remained the winning goal, effectively.
Next steps

If we focus on Dyche, I think we go down. He's managing possibly one of the worst financial and long-running ownership predicaments in Prem History. There's no-one coming in for us except US Loan sharks. Why?

So right now, yes the football is grim at times. But we can grind out the points we need. It's probably corny but GP is the difference here. 4 points from Forest from Brentford and I think even if Luton beat Brentford (they may not, Brentford iffy at the mo) we're then 3 clear of them still with Sheff and Luton to play.

It's in our hands.

Keep the recriminations until the summer.

Dyche should go and in normal circumstances he would .
But these are not normal circumstances in the past he would be moved on and one of the backroom staff would be put in charge ( Unsworth,Ferguson even Dave Watson)but this time his backroom consists of two yes men who appear to offer nothing and have no allegence to the club.
The other option is a senior player stepping up and to be honest none of them look capable or care enough to do that.The only one is Coleman who is genuine fella but drenched in failure since being at the club.
I think the players have lost faith in the manager and just look forward to the day they can walk out the club.
To sum up I think we have to sack Dyche now and our only option is Coleman until the end of the season .it's a huge risk but what choice have we got?

He sounds like a complete muppet when he says things like that.

Actually, that's a complement... Because at this point, Kermit the Frog could do a better job coaching us, FFS!
It’s like he’s took an online management course and is just repeating what he thinks sounds good

Bet he’s got those crap “motivation” posters in his office

I just don't see how Dyche can lift the team for the Forest game, if we are to stay up he needs to go now. It's not just that he is a tactically inept manager, although that is certainly the case, the big problem is that the players just don't seem to know what is expected of them, or is it that they are pished off with him and just aren't bothering their arses? Whatever the truth of the matter is, I believe that if Dyche doesn't go today, we will be all but relegated by the end of the Luton game.