Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
I'd love to see a parallel universe where Bielsa was appointed instead
Haha, as Bilbao fan I could say what it would be, the same as Dyche, but offensive-minded.

Best football we saw at Bilbao, but cannot recall how many games we lost due to individual errors in the build up.

If we were to sack him, we should do it when the season ends and after we have found a replacement. Everything will get worse if we aren’t without a manager for at least the next 5 games. Take Sunderland 2021-22 when they sacked lee johnson
Agreed Im not saying sack now some are saying if he keeps us up he must be given next season as a reward its 50/50 with me replace him with who ? If we have little or no money and he has to lose what few talented players we have , unless this 777 take over happens and they somehow sort our finances out in 2-3 months its looking bleak again

If he keeps us up after all this shight he deserves to see his final season out. The way we are heading, even Pep would struggle with our current squad, never mind potentially one where we have sold 1 or 2 of our better players.
We have some good players

Pickford England's number 1
Coleman Republic Ireland captain
Branthwaite every top clubs wanting him
Tarkowski ex England CH
Myko Ukraine international
Gana Ivory coast international
Onana Belgium international lots of top clubs want him
Garner England U23s
Gomes ex Portugal international
DCL will have no shortage of takers

The only place we're we are short is out wide, we're Dyche constantly plays the dross Young Harrison McNeil etc.

So with these players Dyche has at his disposal he should be getting better football out of all of them then what is being served up also better goals scored to what we are seeing.

The football is shockingly bad just lumping it up hoping for the best is tactics a Sunday league team would do.

The players mentioned above are better than the Luton & Forest players yet they play better football, so to me Dyche is useless and needs to go ASAP

Coleman Republic Ireland captain - 36 in October
Branthwaite every top clubs wanting him - For Sale
Tarkowski ex England CH - 32 in Nov (no pace)
Gana Ivory coast international - 35 in September
Onana Belgium international lots of top clubs want him - FOR SALE
Garner England U23s
Gomes ex Portugal international - Going
DCL will have no shortage of takers - Doesnt score enough

FTFY

We really need much better players mate and a larger squad. Were going to lose some good players and a few average squad players will go to help with the books. Weve actually been quite lucky with injuries this season. Imagine if we would have lost Tark and Branthwaite for a long period?

We have no choice to get rid of assets and we probably wont see half the money they bring in for replacements. When we stay up, next season will be another tough one. We survive that season too and things will improve with the books being better, more sensible wages and slightly increased revenue.

Last edited:

People need to realise that if we were where we would be without the pts deduction this wouldn’t even be a topic
I think in a strange kind of way, the points deduction keeps him in the job, because people associate relegation battling with him, and think our best chance of staying up is with him as manager. If we were sitting midtable, we would then start demanding more and we all know he's not the manager to take us to Europe.

Coleman Republic Ireland captain
Branthwaite every top clubs wanting him
Tarkowski ex England CH
Gana Ivory coast international
Onana Belgium international lots of top clubs want him
Garner England U23s
Gomes ex Portugal international
DCL will have no shortage of takers

The only place we're we are short is out wide, we're Dyche constantly plays the dross Young Harrison McNeil etc.

So with these players Dyche has at his disposal he should be getting better football out of all of them then what is being served up also better goals scored to what we are seeing.

The football is shockingly bad just lumping it up hoping for the best is tactics a Sunday league team would do.
Apart from the set-up that makes some offensive players not benefit from here, we can play better football with the current squad, but some essential things are missing in the squad. Ok, we have 6 points more than Forest and 10 more than Luton overall, but they play better with a worse squad.

I see us realistically on the high bottom half fully fit with the overall squad (Fulham, Palace, Wolves, Brentford). Almost all have better offensive individuals than us, but us having that defensively.

With the players you named you see the problem, our wing area. We have one of the best individual defence outside the top 7, but one of the worst in the wing/CAM area.

When I see Bournemouth, Burnley, Luton or Forest players with better ball treatment, passing skill and pace, it's something I cannot put entirely on Dyche. I'm sure we won't set up differently ever under Dyche if we get these players, but for the Everton future, we need to address this problem urgently. With or without Dyche.

The question is what players who didn't start against Burnley could have a different impact? Gomes and Garnes did a few very good opening passes, but we didn't finish these attacks and lost in the last half of the pitch due to poor touches, simple passing mistakes, pace lack, running offside etc.

Playing 4-4-2 with Beto, DCL and Patterson on the right instead of Young and Doucoure?

If he keeps us up after all this shight he deserves to see his final season out. The way we are heading, even Pep would struggle with our current squad, never mind potentially one where we have sold 1 or 2 of our better players.

Don't be ridiculous! We haven't stayed up due to Dyche's tactical or management qualities. he needs to go!

What exactly does he offer or do? he hasnt improved anything.

I don't agree with the argument our players are terrible. A better coach should be looking to get an extra 20% out of these payers. His in game management is terrible, he doesn't know how to see out a game or win one. he hasn't improved in any way since his management time at Burnley.

I'm really not sure how he gets defended.

Apart from the set-up that makes some offensive players not benefit from here, we can play better football with the current squad, but some essential things are missing in the squad. Ok, we have 6 points more than Forest and 10 more than Luton overall, but they play better with a worse squad.

I see us realistically on the high bottom half fully fit with the overall squad (Fulham, Palace, Wolves, Brentford). Almost all have better offensive individuals than us, but us having that defensively.

With the players you named you see the problem, our wing area. We have one of the best individual defence outside the top 7, but one of the worst in the wing/CAM area.

When I see Bournemouth, Burnley, Luton or Forest players with better ball treatment, passing skill and pace, it's something I cannot put entirely on Dyche. I'm sure we won't set up differently ever under Dyche if we get these players, but for the Everton future, we need to address this problem urgently. With or without Dyche.

The question is what players who didn't start against Burnley could have a different impact? Gomes and Garnes did a few very good opening passes, but we didn't finish these attacks and lost in the last half of the pitch due to poor touches, simple passing mistakes, pace lack, running offside etc.

Playing 4-4-2 with Beto, DCL and Patterson on the right instead of Young and Doucoure?
The players we had in the middle for Burnley are good footballers but the game passed them by as the defence just hit it long to the 1 forward in DCL, then Burnley gained back control of the ball, putting pressure on the team as a whole, we were hanging on in the end against a team who are 2nd to bottom in the league and only had 10 men it was abysmal from Dyche.

We will not play another team as bad as that for the rest of the season so points are going to be hard to come by

The players we had in the middle for Burnley are good footballers but the game passed them by as the defence just hit it long to the 1 forward in DCL, then Burnley gained back control of the ball, putting pressure on the team as a whole, we were hanging on in the end against a team who are 2nd to bottom in the league and only had 10 men it was abysmal from Dyche.

We will not play another team as bad as that for the rest of the season so points are going to be hard to come by
Garner and Gomes are good footballers, but Doucoure is not, Young is not anymore McNeil also not really. Hard workers, but technically bad footballers.

We can be relieved that Burnley, was clueless on 11vs11 and 11vs10 about what to do with 63% possession and punish our passivity and hoofball game.

In the end, they beat themselves for getting a red, a goal, and I mean we must have gone even 2:0 with a big chance missed by DCL, our only one, and probably the only big one in the game of both teams by relentlessly playing out of the back.

If we were to sack him, we should do it when the season ends and after we have found a replacement. Everything will get worse if we aren’t without a manager for at least the next 5 games. Take Sunderland 2021-22 when they sacked lee johnson
This is my stance. Him leaving now I think would drastically backfire. Exit in the summer I think that overlaps nicely with the timeline. Hopefully theres at least resolve on the ownership front, assuming 777 is secured by then. New owners, new DoF thats given the summer to sort out options and begin to shape the squad in their vision (hopefully thats already underway with an assumption the takeover will go threw). If 777 doesn't get approved IdK but it would change my calculus possibly. But if we have new owners survival is not enough rationale for him to stay.