6 + 2 Point Deductions

Which is correct but was actually the right decision to make. It would have been (another) complete circus had we held on to those arrangements. So there is some mitigation but get into bed with dubious Kremlin liked characters and ultimately this sort of mess can unfold.

Spending £7m sacking lampard, £10m+ on the Maupay debacle etc means we probably aren't going to get an enormous amount of sympathy.

We could have made different choices and avoided putting ourselves in this position.
Yet another thing that should never be included in psr. You can keep your current management team who are awful and you are probably getting relegated or you can sack them all but you will have to pay them loads of money which you might be punished for in a few seasons time. Backwards.

How much money have Chelsea spent sacking managers? Has anyone looked into this as they have a new manager every season.

This club is done for. I really want to try and shut football out of my life for good, it just doesn’t seem to be worth it anymore. I am lucky in that I experienced us winning things but life is too short for this crap. What’s the point in getting stressed out to the point it makes you feel sick? The question is how do I walk away from Everton?

This club is done for. I really want to try and shut football out of my life for good, it just doesn’t seem to be worth it anymore. I am lucky in that I experienced us winning things but life is too short for this crap. What’s the point in getting stressed out to the point it makes you feel sick? The question is how do I walk away from Everton?
It’s easy treat them as you would any company/person that has ever screwed you over. That’s exactly what they’ve done, they’ve made mugs of us all

These accounts also won't reflect departures of the likes of Mina, Iwobi and Gbamin last summer but even so a long way to go to get to a sustainable level. It's depressing that we've barely made a dent having trimmed so much fat off the squad, but when you look at numbers across the whole league and pyramid you wonder if football as a business is sustainable as things are. Footballers are simply paid too much money.
There needs to be a salary cap even if it means top players being lost to the Premier League, and it may not. Other top leagues can't
afford to pay wages at these levels either, in the long run.

What do you mean? It's a three-year period calculation/assessment. The punishment we got this season, was intended for last season, but we managed to drag it by claiming that we needed more time to prepare. We knew if we got a deduction last season, we were done.
I see what you are saying.

The point I am making is that the losses from The 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 season were used with the 2019/2020 losses to determine our points deduction earlier this year.

It doesn’t seem right to use those same 2 years of losses again as a factor in another points deduction.

I agree that is what they will do, but it’s not right.

And with an 89m loss in 2022/2023 that pretty much ensures points deductions for this season, next season, and the one after it because no way we can turn profitable with over 1bn debt and a stadium to build and I am sure our losses will continue to be sufficient to breach the 3 year limit set by the Premier League because the 89.1m will factor in each of the next 3 seasons.

I think we are screwed. The finances are bad, the first team squad is as bad as the finances, our current leadership is useless and 777 partners seem to be dodgy:

The only thing I can see to look forward to is the new stadium.

I hope we avoid relegation but we have had 3 years of relegation battles and I can see 3 more years to come.

Sorry for the rant, I ate too many Easter eggs.