Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll and more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think there was enough contact for it to be a penalty. I think that in order for the referee to give a foul the attacker has to be impeded, the contact has to knock the attacker over or stop him in some way. DCL was touched but he then jumped to the ground. Not giving a penalty for that sort of contact is not the issue, we all know that if that type of contact was made on a player from the top six it would have been a penalty and a booking at least.
The, so called pundits, don’t help matters when they call cheating clever play or he drew the foul. If you fall over yourself you aren’t clever you are cheating. The problem isn’t with the rules of the game it is with those that are applying them.

When are people gonna wake up to Pickford. I just don't get the love in. He makes saves that any keeper worth their salt would make and most of the time he makes a meal out of them. There were saves he made today that were so very basic he should have caught them but he pushes them out. His basics are appalling, his positioning is poor and his footwork is crap at times. The defense must be worried sick when the ball goes near him. The 2nd goal today, he was like the okey cokey. In out, in out, he couldn't make a decision whether to come or stay. I've had enough of him.

He’s a competent goalkeeper, capable of making occasional incredible saves, but he never has been and never will be a top goalkeeper because he makes too many errors and his distribution is poor.

The one for England vs Belgium last week and both goals yesterday were avoidable.