Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll and more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It shouldn't mate I agree, but this is modern day football and it's what you have to do and we don't do it anywhere near enough. Our in game management is embarrassing because we don't do any gamesmanship

There's no winners for doing things the right way anymore.
You’re 100% right, it’s just a shame to see that having awful sportsmanship is praised in the game.

That said it feels like we’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t. Richarlison tried gamesmanship as did Gordon at us, when they were here they were ‘cheats’ but at Newcastle and Spurs they’re ‘clever’.

Nowadays I’m a Everton fan, but I just don’t enjoy watching football at all anymore. Even watching Everton feels like an agnostic being forced to go to mass last few years

I feel as tho this is culmination of the direction the club has been heading in for a long time. A 36 yr old and a player who has been a fantastic ambassador and advocate for the club, forced to ‘ defend ‘ years and years of financial and structural mismanagement. A manager whose arcane style of football was relevant the last time we won the league, which actually sounds like an insult to the players who won at the time. I’m so inured to these performances I don’t even get upset anymore. Maybe we need to get relegated just to find out who we are? This is meant to be entertainment, just when I thing we can’t reach a new low, Everton never fail to achieve.i cannot blame a manager who is merely the representation of years of ineptness and under achievement. Money will kill football, and Everton may be the first of a series of high profile failures, but hey, the new stadium looks great… maybe we should build an aquarium.

Lol at his predictable it was that we'd look lethargic and useless from the off despite the majority of the squad having had the month off and a lovely holiday in Portugal to 'reset'. Pathetic bunch of wage stealing weasels, especially McNeil, Coleman, Godfrey and Harrison, with Tarkowski, Garner, Onana, DCL and Doucoure hardly much better in 2024.

A poor game between 2 poor teams. Neither team deserved to win. A total lack of urgency and fight from the Blues. Very worrying.
Inability to score kills us. Look at Sheff Utd, even Burnley yesterday, they also might be dreadful but they can score ones and twos. I've never seen us play such dreadful anti football. Even during that little purple patch it was dire. It's worrying as you said.

Just seen that kick on DCL. How was that not a pen
Same here. It's bad enough that the ref didn't spot it, scandalous that VAR didn't as least tell him to go and look at the screen. I felt physically sick when it was reviewed again on MotD after the match was finished.

Also, I blame Pickford, not Seamus, for that goal. Why on earth didn't he simply step forward and collect the cross?

What is the matter with you? I don't disagree that Pickford is crap at controlling his 6-yard box.

I am talking in isolation about Coleman's misfortune. Can you not grasp that???
I watched the replay it's Pickford's fault not Coleman's misfortune - Pickford comes out for the ball sent over in his 6 yard box stutters to collect the ball sure he shouts it's mine & leaves Coleman without a shout to just leave it - no man on ..... we have had a keeper who cannot control his box - that's always been the case - hence no top team has signed him - he blundered in the England game in midweek too ....Dyche claimed it was miscommunication for that goal -
I blame Pickford a poor punch out for Bournemouth throw in that led to the goal & his hesitancy to dive & collect the ball on a weakish cross - he definitely hesitates a right cock up between the pair of them - we got gifted an equaliser & that happens minutes later - schoolboy errors ....
A draw would have been nice after a woeful display from that team yesterday ....

Same here. It's bad enough that the ref didn't spot it, scandalous that VAR didn't as least tell him to go and look at the screen. I felt physically sick when it was reviewed again on MotD after the match was finished.

Also, I blame Pickford, not Seamus, for that goal. Why on earth didn't he simply step forward and collect the cross?
Michael Oliver on VAR = he stated not enough contact for a pen - say no more ....