2023/24 Sean Dyche

Finch Farm is crawling with overpaid "Performance Analysts". What is the end product of the analysis when the same abominable performances are reproduced week after week. "Yes ...theyre shockingly poor," perhaps. What about the match recordings (when someone remembers to put the cassette in the VHS). How can they watch them and not react in some tangible way to change at least something to justify their existence. Do the players watch them, I wonder ? Or are they shielded from criticism to spare negativity. They should spare us instead. The signs are there - bleedin big signs above each turnstile ..."Abandon hope all ye who enter here"
I sincerely do not believe that the analysts are the issue because every man and his dog can see that we aren't performing well, and where the many issues lie.

The issue is that regardless of how inefficient this system is, we continue to do the same thing over and over. The blame for that lies on the coaching staff...

... because, regardless of analysis, they should be able to recognise that with their own eyes. Dyche continues to spout xG, although we see now change.

He’s 100% from the “football is a simple game,” mindset.

It’s not. There are thousands of permutations to consider in any single game, and they are constantly in flux.

Makes it a lot easier if you deny those variables exist and stick with Plan A regardless.
I agree that he probably does believe that, yet the flip side of that is he isn't expecting or training for the 'simple things' that are required.

Remove all the permutations... remove all the other team's tactics... if you've played football we all know that you need passing, movement and facing forward.

I'm not sure what we're trying at Finch Farm, but those three things appear to be significantly lacking from our player, over and over again.

There seems to be less urgency and less inclination to press from the players every week now. I think that they have decided that Dyche is clueless and they are going through the motions. Terrible manager, terrible attitude from the players, terrible owner and potential new owners who inspire no confidence. What a time to be a Blue.
He was severely disliked by many of those at Burnley, so it does not surprise me.

Their first goal says everything about how we train. Pathetic defending.
Their 2nd goal. Are they communicating? Decision making all at sea.
Its so dull and predictable

It`s a lack of confidence too.

Losing streaks are just the same as winning streaks.

Winning streaks > players go out full of confidence, tails up, expecting to win every game.

Losing Streaks > players go out lacking confidence, tails down and expect to lose every game.

Look at how many teams in the past, inc us, who`ve been on these bad runs, then all of a sudden a scruffy fluke win comes out of nowhere and the tide turns.

We rarely score more than one goal, so when we go a goal down you can see the lack of self belief and confidence drain from the players, as they know the chances are that we`re beaten.

Other teams know this too, hence why they set up against the way they do.

Imagine being a player, who`s in a team that hasn`t won a game in 12 games and the manager keeps setting the team up exactly as he did the previous weeks when you got beaten and instructs you to carry on doing something that you clearly don`t believe or know will work ??

It`s hardly surprising, that it looks like some of the players look like they`ve totally lost confidence in him.

I’ve defended him because some of these players, particularly the attackers, are embarrassing.

However, 12 games without a win is appalling and serious questions need to be asked at the very least. The issue is that I don’t think there’s anyone out there to replace him right now.

Backing him and job of work now now is to back this team however limited it is, the rest of the season will be war.

1711875564263.png

Last edited:
I said this a few weeks ago. Our wider players never play the line or try to overlap, so we end up will slow, lofted balls coming into the box from deep.

When they do eventually get a bit deeper into their half, the common job is to cut back, lay a pass off and the ball ends up being moved across the pitch.

It's slow and easily readable, which must have the opposition manager and his players rubbing their hands with glee because they know we will not adapt.

In fact, I'd love to be a fly on the wall of a pre-match briefing. Dyche doesn't appear to have the capacity to mix up our play, which is causing us to sink.

A square peg in a round hole over and over again is stupidity.
Following on from that pass map, I saw an interview with one of the Bournmouth players in the new year.

He said when the manager first cane in his tactical instructions where very detailed and a bit bewildering to the squad. He claimed this was the reason they made an awful start to the season but they've stuck with it and it's starting to pay off.

I genuinely don't think Dyche has attacking tactics beyond "Get it up and get a shot away if you can"

Even if we have a little cash to spend this summer (hmmmmmm) who on earth would we attract?

Following on from that pass map, I saw an interview with one of the Bournmouth players in the new year.

He said when the manager first cane in his tactical instructions where very detailed and a bit bewildering to the squad. He claimed this was the reason they made an awful start to the season but they've stuck with it and it's starting to pay off.

I genuinely don't think Dyche has attacking tactics beyond "Get it up and get a shot away if you can"

Even if we have a little cash to spend this summer (hmmmmmm) who on earth would we attract?

Didnt think Bourmouth were very good mate.