Everton Hype Train 11

Pick your Everton premier league 11 of players who got hyped upto the hilt but in the end they aren't all that.

Captain for my team is going to be Joel Robles who was so good for us that Real Madrid or Barca was going to take him off our hands at one time.

Fullbacks of Garbutt and current player Patterson. Enough said about them.

Central defence of Pennington and Galloway. One of them was a promising youngster at the age of 25 who scored in a Derby.

JP Kissock was talked about being an England International even though he never made a senior start for us. Stephen Hughes was a big signing at the time and one of our biggest flops. Gueye I just threw in to make the 11.

In a free role we have the world class hype of George Green.

I've stuck with a local frontline who we all hyped upto the hilt.

View attachment 250144

Honourable mentions to the bench of Sandro Ramirez, Judas McCarthy, AIDS McGeady and Hallum Hope.

All good but including McCarthy is a joke. What we wouldn't give for a player of his stature now in the centre of the park.

And for what it's worth I actually thought Robles was top notch

If we're talking young players who briefly looked the part (here or elsewhere) before amounting to very little, I'd go:

Wright
Gosling Godfrey Holgate Garbutt
Baxter Grant Hughes Oster
Jeffers Sandro

Subs: Simonsen, O'Kane, Baningime, Vlasic, Branch​

Who was hyping Joel Robles? Names?

He had a massive fan club.

Screenshot_20240324_170120_Chrome.jpg

Pick your Everton premier league 11 of players who got hyped upto the hilt but in the end they aren't all that.

Captain for my team is going to be Joel Robles who was so good for us that Real Madrid or Barca was going to take him off our hands at one time.

Fullbacks of Garbutt and current player Patterson. Enough said about them.

Central defence of Pennington and Galloway. One of them was a promising youngster at the age of 25 who scored in a Derby.

JP Kissock was talked about being an England International even though he never made a senior start for us. Stephen Hughes was a big signing at the time and one of our biggest flops. Gueye I just threw in to make the 11.

In a free role we have the world class hype of George Green.

I've stuck with a local frontline who we all hyped upto the hilt.

View attachment 250144

Honourable mentions to the bench of Sandro Ramirez, Judas McCarthy, AIDS McGeady and Hallum Hope.
Was Pennington ever hyped? He was always seen diabolical as far as I can remember.

What happened to Rodwell?

Vaughan too after becoming youngest pl goalscorer for a while.

Moise Keane. Genuinely thought he would be great but nah.

Very harsh on Vaughan, was well on the way to being an absolutely cracking player and injuries just completely derailed him.

Believe we played Bolton on good Friday one year I'll say 2006; him and Anicheve started and he played boss then got an a stood through the boot, and burst a vein.

Fella was beyond unlucky.

Rodwell by contrast was first on the hype train; but he did come through as CB not a CM.

What happened to Rodwell?

Vaughan too after becoming youngest pl goalscorer for a while.

Moise Keane. Genuinely thought he would be great but nah.
James Vaughan was a great prospect, he was just too brave for his own good and two serious injuries early in his career took their toll as he got older. He had one injury after another, because he went for every ball100%, regardless of the danger to himself. I believe he is still the youngest ever premier league goal scorer.