Bill Kenwright

Ya know what also grinds my gears with the Kenwright lovers? The praise he gets for Moyes.

He didn’t scout Moyes or know a thing about him in 2002, it was Walter Smith’s recommendation during the meeting he was fired, I believe.
That's a really good point and just shows that Walter Smith is actually a great example of a man who put the club first, well over his own ego, and legitimately cared about it. He didn't even let him getting fired poison him against us, insted he just wanted what was best for Everton, knew his time was up and parted ways in classy style trying to help right till he was gone. Compare that to Mr "Worlds biggest Evertonian" Kenwright who not only refused to walk away even when it was obvious to all that his continued presence was hurting the club, he also went out of his way to sabotage it whenever he felt like he was losing control. That's not the action of someone who is "one of us". Its the actions of a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old narcissist.

Here is Paul Gregg on TalkSport earlier about the Kings Dock

Always amazed and frustrated me that no one ever came out and spoke out against Kenwright in the media while he was making all of these disastrous decisions for our club, and I see this has continued, as this which is a massive confirmation story of what a lot of people suspected has not again been reported or commented on anywhere else in the media???

Always amazed and frustrated me that no one ever came out and spoke out against Kenwright in the media while he was making all of these disastrous decisions for our club, and I see this has continued, as this which is a massive confirmation story of what a lot of people suspected has not again been reported or commented on anywhere else in the media???

It doesn't surprise me that the national media never called out Kenwright. They don't care about any club beyond the obvious elites. Occasionally they'll pretend otherwise if there's a story out there that they know will get them clicks or sell papers but otherwise they couldn't care less. Local press is where the problem really comes from. Nobody can tell me that there wasn't anyone at the E##O or BBC radio Merseyside or Radio City who couldn't see what was happening to us years ago under Kenwright. Do you think they'd have stayed silent if Billy Liar had been the chairman for the darkside? Would they hell! The local media totally betrayed this club and people should remember that.

It doesn't surprise me that the national media never called out Kenwright. They don't care about any club beyond the obvious elites. Occasionally they'll pretend otherwise if there's a story out there that they know will get them clicks or sell papers but otherwise they couldn't care less. Local press is where the problem really comes from. Nobody can tell me that there wasn't anyone at the E##O or BBC radio Merseyside or Radio City who couldn't see what was happening to us years ago under Kenwright. Do you think they'd have stayed silent if Billy Liar had been the chairman for the darkside? Would they hell! The local media totally betrayed this club and people should remember that.
Prentice the weasel was rewarded with his silence by getting a cushy number at the club

That's a really good point and just shows that Walter Smith is actually a great example of a man who put the club first, well over his own ego, and legitimately cared about it. He didn't even let him getting fired poison him against us, insted he just wanted what was best for Everton, knew his time was up and parted ways in classy style trying to help right till he was gone. Compare that to Mr "Worlds biggest Evertonian" Kenwright who not only refused to walk away even when it was obvious to all that his continued presence was hurting the club, he also went out of his way to sabotage it whenever he felt like he was losing control. That's not the action of someone who is "one of us". Its the actions of a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old narcissist.
Wont go along with the usual praise of Walter Smith on this forum, the man knew exactly what he was doing when he recommended Moyes, and the Glasgow mafia was well in place to get Rooney out of Everton. Smith great friends with SAF and great friends with Rooney parents, SAF good friends with Moyes dad, Moyes gets planted into Everton and his first job from his master SAF is to upset Rooney, Smith uses his severance pay to buy shares in Paul Stretford sports company, SAF gives Smith a short term coaching job at Man Utd, Rooney gets his move to Man Utd, Fergie gets the player he has been after since age 14, and then Moyes gets his reward 10 years later when SAF recommended him to Man Utd board. Sure is a man of integrity was that Walter Smith, and Kenwright got fooled hook line and sinker to bring in Moyes, SAF little puppet.

How someone can pull the wool over so many people’s eyes for so long baffles me. Even some dictatorships don’t last that long.
Apathy. Nothing more than that. We endured a horrific 90s, so being stable and "the best of the rest" was enough for most fans. There were plenty of people criticising Kenwright, but they were piped down by the majority.

BK got all his shares' money back & sadly died, but he died at the right time - cruel, but harsh could you imagine the harassment he would be getting now over this mess - Moshiri has just disappeared .....
His record as Chairman speaks for itself, an absolute disgrace.....

How someone can pull the wool over so many people’s eyes for so long baffles me. Even some dictatorships don’t last that long.

I don’t think he did fool too many. I get the impression a fair number of people willingly went along with it for their own interests. It’s why I suspect some either say nothing or get agitated or passive aggressive with weak retorts when people look into things .

If someone was to provide a full on account of what has transpired here I think a substantial amount of people would face some criticism and I included certain so called fans in that.

I can understand ex players to a extent if it’s their main income but for fans to sell out for tickets , willingly attack fans for highlighting the problems or saying nothing, got not sympathy for them if they are upset at how its turned out.

Wont go along with the usual praise of Walter Smith on this forum, the man knew exactly what he was doing when he recommended Moyes, and the Glasgow mafia was well in place to get Rooney out of Everton. Smith great friends with SAF and great friends with Rooney parents, SAF good friends with Moyes dad, Moyes gets planted into Everton and his first job from his master SAF is to upset Rooney, Smith uses his severance pay to buy shares in Paul Stretford sports company, SAF gives Smith a short term coaching job at Man Utd, Rooney gets his move to Man Utd, Fergie gets the player he has been after since age 14, and then Moyes gets his reward 10 years later when SAF recommended him to Man Utd board. Sure is a man of integrity was that Walter Smith, and Kenwright got fooled hook line and sinker to bring in Moyes, SAF little puppet.
That's quite the conspiracy theory there mate. Maybe yourself and Jim Corr should meet up for a chat sometime. I'm sure it would be a very stimulating conversation.lol Kenwright like he did with whatever asset we had, was flogging Rooney off to the highest bidder regardless.

Last edited:
I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone mate but I find all that just a little bit hard to believe. Rooney was ALWAYS going to leave us. ALWAYS. Kenwright sold every single asset we had that wasn't nailed down for his own personal gain. Rooney was as good as gone the second he came good. The worst of him leaving was the dishonesty of how Kenwright handled it. The money we made from him was basically Moyes budget for a good few years (despite it being a fraction of what we should have got because Kenwright cried during negotiations and embarrassed both himself and the club in the process all because he loved drama). Without it we'd have had nothing to spend, but rather then admit that Kenwright chose to let the fans blame Rooney and let a 18/19 year old kid take some of the most venomous hate I've ever seen from Goodison. All because he was a coward, a liar and an all-around nasty piece of work who would throw anyone under the bus if it suited him.

He had a lot of help from "friends in the media", as someone said on here. What has transpired since, the lies, debt, criminal lack of investment and supposedly no buyers for well over a decade, in the richest league in the World is an absolute disgrace, it could have never happened to liverpool fc.The Echo, Radio Merseyside, Radio City should be ashamed of themselves, they sat back and kept shtum. Never bought the Echo in well over a decade and never will.

He had a lot of help from "friends in the media", as someone said on here. What has transpired since, the lies, debt, criminal lack of investment and supposedly no buyers for well over a decade, in the richest league in the World is an absolute disgrace, it could have never happened to liverpool fc.The Echo, Radio Merseyside, Radio City should be ashamed of themselves, they sat back and kept shtum. Never bought the Echo in well over a decade and never will.
Yep an absolute scandal…..even now the fool he sold ‘his’ shares to is trying to sell us on to cowboys. It just never seems to end and this all started with him.