777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True 😀
Anyway, 777 are a bunch of potless shysters and need booting out of sight as soon as possible .
( To get back on topic like 😁)
It does feel like they’re just the latest part of the unrelenting campaign for Evertonians to have absolutely nothing to enjoy .

I honestly have no clue what the answer is , they certainly look like shysters but also despite rumours the only real show in town . So what can we do , I suppose hope if they do come in they spin us for a profit relatively quickly ? We’ve been so badly run any attempt at governance might seem like a seismic change.

It does feel like they’re just the latest part of the unrelenting campaign for Evertonians to have absolutely nothing to enjoy .

I honestly have no clue what the answer is , they certainly look like shysters but also despite rumours the only real show in town . So what can we do , I suppose hope if they do come in they spin us for a profit relatively quickly ? We’ve been so badly run any attempt at governance might seem like a seismic change.
You know, you make a good point here.

If we do have a few years of being ran like a business it might not be the worst thing ever, instead of the last 8 years when it appears as tho we were a social experiment in how much money can be wasted in so little time.

But, heres where Mr Negative takes over.

If we dont buy players, we die, we have very little coming through the system and Branners, Pickford and Onana aside, we have very little to generate within the squad.

So I dont think a few years of being prudent will do anything other than kill us faster.

Its horrible, since Moshiri took over we have spent ROUGHLY :

700million on buying players
700million on player wages
120m on Agent fees
60m on hiring and firing managers

A drop in the ocean considering thats a good year for a club like Chelsea, but the majority of that money has been wasted.

If we do have a few years of being ran like a business it might not be the worst thing ever, instead of the last 8 years when it appears as tho we were a social experiment in how much money can be wasted in so little time.
I think a lot of our fans don't want to see us run like a business. There seems to be push back against suggestions that might bring in revenue.

It might be a cultural thing, business = Tories = dodgy = not the Everton way, but we've been run NOT like a business but like a 1970s community club since the Premier League began, and look where its got us.

The Prem I gather if true in the news is they want written confirmation that 777 have a surplus of 400 million of available funds - which may not be the case ? - hence the 5 months hold up, plus it may not be their funds that are helping us out with BMD.....

You know, you make a good point here.

But, heres where Mr Negative takes over.

If we dont buy players, we die, we have very little coming through the system and Branners, Pickford and Onana aside, we have very little to generate within the squad.

So I dont think a few years of being prudent will do anything other than kill us faster.

Its horrible, since Moshiri took over we have spent ROUGHLY :

700million on buying players
700million on player wages
120m on Agent fees
60m on hiring and firing managers

A drop in the ocean considering thats a good year for a club like Chelsea, but the majority of that money has been wasted.
Unfortunately I’m not sure there is an answer . If someone comes in with billions they can’t spend it anyway , the best players will be poached regardless of what we pay them but more quickly if we trim our costs and the whole system is designed to protect the elite 6 and for some bizarre reason the other 14 embrace it .

I don’t really disagree with any of your points. I hope a hand on the tiller is better than the complete madness we’ve seen for the last years but will it be , I’ve no clue . I suppose clinging to that hope is the only thing keeping me forking out for a season ticket, well that and the beers.

Unfortunately I’m not sure there is an answer . If someone comes in with billions they can’t spend it anyway , the best players will be poached regardless of what we pay them but more quickly if we trim our costs and the whole system is designed to protect the elite 6 and for some bizarre reason the other 14 embrace it .

I don’t really disagree with any of your points. I hope a hand on the tiller is better than the complete madness we’ve seen for the last years but will it be , I’ve no clue . I suppose clinging to that hope is the only thing keeping me forking out for a season ticket, well that and the beers.
Well, as we are seeing with Newcastle, billions isnt the answer.

But if somebody did come in and clear all the debt, my God that really does fix a lot of issues.

We shouldnt forget, that without the war in Ukraine we have no PSR charges and I suspect we have vastly less debt.

Just read that £23m a month on operation and constructions costs means we’re doomed.

Yeah, ignore the billion quid stadium (asset) we’re building.

But apparently Moshiri was happy with MSP’s offer , it was R&M who weren’t .
Moshiri doesn’t walk away with nothing, unless the club goes into administration.

Wasn't MSP's plan to inject £150 million into the club in the form of convertible debt that would equate to something like a 20% in shares? That isn't a good deal if you want out.

I think at this point we need to lower the expectation to "stabilise" in the short-term by paying down debt etc. "Competing" is the next problem to deal with once on a stable footing financially. The two things may not be done by the same people

I think a lot of our fans don't want to see us run like a business. There seems to be push back against suggestions that might bring in revenue.

It might be a cultural thing, business = Tories = dodgy = not the Everton way, but we've been run NOT like a business but like a 1970s community club since the Premier League began, and look where its got us.
I’ve only half read the Genoa turnaround stories (which sound like they are very much still bottoming out financially before an upturn in the coming accounting period). Big cuts in headcount of playing staff, settling with ex-coaches, and then tapping into the long lost love the local community have for the club via massive social media engagement etc.

Exhaustion and disdain in the Everton fanbase, but doesn’t feel like we are all just waiting to be told how historic we are to then instantly order full duvet sets and goalie kits. Its the relentlessly poor football that’s causing the malaise, and next years squad is likely going to be even weaker on paper. God knows about the manager situation.

Imagine the last year has seen us become very lean indeed (where possible with ongoing contracts). But lots of our costs are locked in with wages and interest costs. Hard to see how even a genuinely sharp operator comes in and turns everything around, other than just lobbing loads of their own cash in from day 1, probably into a big empty hole, just to stop the rot. Do they have that cash?

Among the rest of the crap, badly written PL rules, this ownership one desperately needs a hard, unequivocal time limit to provide all info from the date of application. Then a couple of weeks for back and forth for clarifications or to sort misunderstandings, to avoid appeals etc. After that, yes or no. With a no meaning the same buyer cannot apply again to own any club for X months.