New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just stopped off as I was local....
20240322_161915.jpg
Screenshot_20240322-171423_Gallery.png

Had to get a pic of that reflection on the glass 😍

Good news? Everton? o_O

Just catching up. In my opinion, with reference to the inside looking soulless and looking like other grounds, I think it does look a bit generic, I think it also looks a little like the old redeveloped WHL or even Brighton's ground, less so the likes of Leicester (maybe the lower half). I wonder if from an Everton perspective it's just simply the obvious Leitch criss cross which I'll come back to, but also no double decker stands. The design is close, there is some overlapping.

Also I think when you look across from the other stands to the west stand (main stand) and see that it's basically the same height (with one exception) as the rest of the stands, it doesn't look that exceptional. But if you could add another tier make it a triple tier, that would make it look more awe-some.

The roof design as well doesn't work for me it looks like it doesn't cover the stadium but neither does Tottenham's that looks way more out there as well. I think a mixture of the roof and same height (almost) around the stadium of basically upper and lower in all 4 stands gives the look of it being generic. We know there's a lot more too it than that especially the steepness.

Regarding the Archiebald Leitch criss cross, I assume with modern technology, they can replicate that on the digital advertising & lighting display?
It could be flashed up at certain times such as 10 minutes before kick off so it's very visible.

I wished Meis had incorporated it in a physical sense in the same location (not just a 'nod' on the outside brickwork). As it is possibly the most unique thing that identifies Goodison. Yes I know it was not unique Rangers still have this. The point is in the new home you want it to feel like home. Something that would distinguish the new stadium and identify it as Everton's within an instant. And give it character.

View attachment 249451
Anyone who thinks it looks like Brightons ground either hasn't been there, hasn't seen a picture of it or has a very poor memory!