2023/24 Sean Dyche

dyball.PNG

Was calling this early in November when loads were taking about the miracles he was producing and should be offered a bumper new deal. This is the Premier League, elite level togger, you cannot play hoofball and expect to compete.

It can't be done under current and future owners.
We have to go through this, unfortunately. Even when we get good owners (others than 777) with a clear strategy and financial foresight, it will take years to fully recover from the mess, caused in the Moshiri/2nd half of Kenwright time.

Getting rid of Alli and Gomes at the end of this season will at least get us on a financially affordable level at wages, but yet still have to pay fixed cost for interests of about 1/4 of the estimated revenue.

Is it? Or do we never look and approach the relative safety of the proven struggler?

Geraerts went, as Belgian coach of the year, to the even bigger even more limited than us skip fire that is Schalke and he's doing okay on the ridiculous limitations in the 2nd division, while playing good football with players who aren't even 2nd level for the most part. Good coaches will want to prove themselves and will trust a project.

The managers I mentioned plied their trade exactly in skipfire conditions themselves, or with limitations for several years, while getting their teams to midtable or higher spots and cup progress, and then going on to manage big teams. As I mentioned him already - Geraerts went to a struggling team that started much like we did - 2 wins in 7-8 games - and is currently doing okay on literally 0 money or flexibility for anything, which is genuinely worse than us.
Which is exactly what Klopp did too, but went from player to manager.
Which is how Tuchel plied his trade - struggling team in the BuLi (ironically, Klopp's old team too lol ), finished outside of relegation, went on to improve his staff by seeing what's wrong with it, improved position, finished 5th. They kept losing players and had to sell and buy cheaper ones because of the lack of money but kept finishing mid table and going on cup runs and repeating the process, after which he resigned and used his knowledge/tactics to improve in his next role and win things with a bigger team.

I do not see Dyche doing any of the improvements as he hasn't - same staff as Burnley, same play as Burnley, same results as Burnley - fighting relegation.

It is literally quite far away - Dyche has brought no success other than mediocrity and winning the relegation fight, which was my point. I suppose we can use "won the championship" here too as some sort of achievement, but it's not something he's ever built upon.

Must have* ffs mate! lol

You probably did - we played managerless and Mitrovicless Fulham at home, even Dyche bigged up the importance, and we came in the game too scared to play and got dispatched easily.
Palace away - 0:0, and for literally no reason starting and persisting with Holgate when he wasn't even half in it, so we had to defend for dear life against a side limping to the finish line.
Forest 2:2 - went up 1:2 and had absolutely no idea how to control a game, shat the bed and tried to park the bus, nearly lost in the end.
As a side note - we absolutely stroke luck to even get a point vs Leicester due to the importance of playing Michael Keane, who got absolutely owned by the limping Jamie Vardy. If that finished with a Foxes win we'd be in the Championship now.
Winning at least 1 of those games means we don't have to rely on results in other games at all, and it didn't have to boil down to the last game. But then it was also expected that we can't win football games.

lol

I think we broke the internet I tried to respond to that with a massive windy reply and it won’t let me! lol