2023/24 Sean Dyche

We're Everton aren't we. I mean what does that mean in todays context of what we have available today. We havent done anything in 30 odd years. I mean it sounds good but im afraid it doesnt have much bearing on what we send out of the pitch today. Im all for grabbing calvert lewin by the throat before a game up against the wall and saying we're Everton aren't we. He'll still be sh!t.
those quotes dont mean anything behind 30 odd years of poor mismanagement.
I don't care, honestly.

In the current context I (as a foreigner) have endured enough of the "who are they?", "where are they from" and all those daft questions - not arsed. I want us to win, this to me is Everton - winning and doing your best. That's what I want to see be attempted and happen. Basically, NSNO. I'm aware it might not happen always, we'll lose some, we'll be crap, we'll smash someone else, this is life. Playing for draws, to me, is not the Everton way.

So, Everton, aren't we?

I don't care, honestly.

In the current context I (as a foreigner) have endured enough of the "who are they?", "where are they from" and all those daft questions - not arsed. I want us to win, this to me is Everton - winning and doing your best. That's what I want to see be attempted and happen. Basically, NSNO. I'm aware it might not happen always, we'll lose some, we'll be crap, we'll smash someone else, this is life. Playing for draws, to me, is not the Everton way.

So, Everton, aren't we?

Mate im from Edge hill. I was brought up on that with my whole family. And loved it. But right now it counts for very little with how the club has been run.
Im afraid right now its sentimental claptrap until the club ever sorts itself out. Sadly.

lol A pair!

A lot of stats do my head in to be honest. You can find loads for and against. Most on here are ripped from somewhere and often a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Some are telling. Any manager worth his salt. First job is don’t get beat, we were getting mullard last season and I said at the time, if we could turn some of those losses into draws, we’d be comfortable. We have and would be without the PL acting like flutes. As you say we have one of the top defensive records in the league. From last season to this on out put - we’ve as many wins as we had in the whole of last season, with 10 games to go.

The job of work are Everton isn't instant success, we tried that and blew up. It needs to be incremental, 3-4 places up a year, it requires time and building proper foundations. If we don’t concede, you move on next season and add, full backs, wingers 10, depending on where you want to hurt. If we are still on boney arses in 3 years without progress, I’ll be on board with you, but I see improvement from last season to this. We have limits and a boney arsed squad, going through adversity but we are better. I don’t think we play decisively at all, in fact sometimes I think we are naieve, we push to much for the win and get suckered. He falls for the big club thing sometimes or has to much faith in a limited bunch of players.

On getting Burnley into Europe, I think back to Moyes, we won most games 1-0 that year, again with a limited enough squad, but like Dyche we had proper foundations, in the following years we went out and signed Arteta, Pienaar, Baines etc. It’s a process not an event. It’s why many of the older and wiser heads are advocating for Dyche, they know the low ebb the club is at, they see what he is trying to do, the see him change the culture and mentality and put down foundations and get the best of limited players, they know it takes building, they know that is a multi year journey, they see the signs.

I think you’re fooling yourself mate, we’re going to struggle for a few years mate, no matter who the manage is. I wish our problems were fixable by sacking the manager - they aren’t.

Part of the reason we are skip fire is we have a squad put together by what 7 different managers and 3 different DOFs that isn’t cohesive put together with a plan. Part of our problem is we never stuck with any manger, developed a bad culture and built useless players on the philosphey of whatever manager was here, then sold the best ones. Sacking managers has undermined and almost killed the club. Doing it again, to be frank is the worst thing we could do and we would have learned nothing. It’s bananas.

*Drops waffle Mic. lol
Still, he's not a manager to build a future with, he's a manager to make things somewhat stable as a foundation. Same as Moyes was, but we shot ourselves in the arse with further hires as you say.

Even with the top 4 season we struck luck there, but we had a few good results that season and we nearly missed on 3rd by losing 7:0 and then letting Bolton turn it around I believe, which was proper Moyes lol That also ruined our GD for the year, but we did score slightly more than 1 a game. By the way in that season Jose's Chelsea conceded 15 goals, which is still mental to me.

We need a manager with a view to the future next, and allegedly we have a talented DoF (I don't believe this to be true at all tbh) to pick whoever it is next.

I don't think I'm fooling myself, I'm trying to remain positive because otherwise there's no point - as you say, we're an absolute skip fire and still going strong on that path. I don't believe or want to give Dyche any power over transfers as he'll build a gash team to fight relegation any chance he gets and we're definitely signing the worst of the outfield free transfers to replace a vital player in our team, watch this space lol

It's a crap situation in reality because of the impending rebuild - sack him come end of season or give him to the end of his contract, but make it obvious what's happening and don't overextend contracts by years again ffs. And have someone lined up with a clear plan/target and a 2 year contract to achieve improvement before a longer one, as it should be and how it is anywhere else. I just don't want us to settle to fight for just-about-survival every year - he's not turning into Diego Simeone any time soon.

Mate im from Edge hill. I was brought up on that with my whole family. And loved it. But right now it counts for very little with how the club has been run.
Im afraid right now its sentimental claptrap until the club ever sorts itself out. Sadly.
No I agree, but that's what the club is to me and what I want to see. That's why I'm pissed off that we're who we currently are - nobodies - and why it annoys me that people want to continue on the path of being nobodies.

No I agree, but that's what the club is to me and what I want to see. That's why I'm pissed off that we're who we currently are - nobodies - and why it annoys me that people want to continue on the path of being nobodies.

Same here fella. But unfortunately we're trying to dig out results with idrissa gueye and doucoure. Not kendall ball and harvey. When the clubs motto meant something.

Doing a great job

IMG_3011.jpeg

Controversial or unpopular. I see a pretty balanced view from those talking about dyche debating the side. Pro and negative. Far from apologists.
You cherry picked the point about chances with gana and onana. Mcneil had 5 shots against united. Not all from distance. He hit the target 0 times. He missed a sitter from 5 yards the week before against west ham. Decent chances are being missed.

This is what you claimed I was saying:

Whats all this apologist nonsense. So has everybody got to agree with you then? Shout them down sort of thing and not them have their opinion. Which btw i think is quite balanced.
How lame.

Show me a single place I said anything of the sort. You bust out that nonsense, and yet you called my statements lame.

If your m.o. is to throw out ridiculous fluff like that, I'm not going to waste my time engaging with you.

Still, he's not a manager to build a future with, he's a manager to make things somewhat stable as a foundation. Same as Moyes was, but we shot ourselves in the arse with further hires as you say.

Even with the top 4 season we struck luck there, but we had a few good results that season and we nearly missed on 3rd by losing 7:0 and then letting Bolton turn it around I believe, which was proper Moyes lol That also ruined our GD for the year, but we did score slightly more than 1 a game. By the way in that season Jose's Chelsea conceded 15 goals, which is still mental to me.

We need a manager with a view to the future next, and allegedly we have a talented DoF (I don't believe this to be true at all tbh) to pick whoever it is next.

I don't think I'm fooling myself, I'm trying to remain positive because otherwise there's no point - as you say, we're an absolute skip fire and still going strong on that path. I don't believe or want to give Dyche any power over transfers as he'll build a gash team to fight relegation any chance he gets and we're definitely signing the worst of the outfield free transfers to replace a vital player in our team, watch this space lol

It's a crap situation in reality because of the impending rebuild - sack him come end of season or give him to the end of his contract, but make it obvious what's happening and don't overextend contracts by years again ffs. And have someone lined up with a clear plan/target and a 2 year contract to achieve improvement before a longer one, as it should be and how it is anywhere else. I just don't want us to settle to fight for just-about-survival every year - he's not turning into Diego Simeone any time soon.

I’m not so sure about that, I look around modern football and I see very few managers who built football clubs organically to transformative change bottom to top, Howe at Bourmouth, Dyche at Burnley, the dude at Brentford deserves a change, Moyes is doing it at WHU, but they are too stupid to see it. I know how it ended at Burnley, but we know better than anyone that familiarity breeds contempt. He brought that club lower league to Europe and put on a sustainable footing for the first time in half a century - spectacular job. I’m not just talking about a team, I’m talking about a club. He left them with 100s of millions having passed through the coffers there and put the club on the map again and made them stable. It’s an increasingly rare talent that can do that. Do I want that here for the future - without question.

Will the above be easy, no way, we are two years off cracking the top 10 in my opinion, it will be incremental, it will be up and down, like right now, but it’s what the club needs. It’s craving stability and for the anti virus to work. He needs a new contract and we need to invest in him. I’d like to him do a bit recruitment. He’s surprised me, to be honest I thought he’d be far more conservative and pragmatic than we are, he really has a go and with better quality I think we will rise - incrementally.

If you weren’t into Moyes, I find that interesting, he did an incredible job and as I describe above rebuilt this club, Dyche is at the start of that journey. You won’t like it but it’s what the club needs and it won’t happen overnight, I think that’s realistic. There is no conceivable way it can happen quicker with our resources. In a way I don’t want it to. I don’t want to be boom and bust anymore I want substance and identity.

I honestly believe if we change manager, we’re going down. There are very few managers who can manage this situation, this year or next year. Sacking hi:I honestly think is bananas. My mates a Leeds fan, an ex semi pro, I was out with after we stayed up last year and they went down and we were talking about the differences between all the teams who went down and he said to me the difference was we sacked our manager at the right time and got to Dyche first, because whoever got there first, they were staying up. Dude knows his football, but interesting hearing from an opposite fan, who had every reason to be sore at us, the day that was in it.

I am still interested in what he can do with a couple of quid. He has never been in that position before so there is a possibility he could change his tact. Not saying he will but would like to see him given the opportunity. Who knows.