6 + 2 Point Deductions

This loophole was known for relegated clubs and Leicester have sought to exploit it. Its presence ackoeledged the other week with a commitment to close it by the PL.

If they try to apply the “spirit” of the regulations, Leicester are, sadly, bang to rights. Deliberately didn’t attempt to claw back funds to reach compliance once they knew they were down, and deliberately didn’t submit accounts. They weren’t compelled to at all, but they will have known they were being clever with the PL. Literally sticking their chest out and daring the PL to take a shot.

Applaud them for it in some ways. In other ways, they deliberately overspent over a 3 year period and factually breached. They could have made some June sales to comply but chose not to. But if the PL are all about punishing sporting advantage, selling players after the 3rd season ended would not have removed the supposed sporting advantage over the player season, because it’s finished, so the PL will still seek punishment.

Very interesting to see how this plays out, given they have just jumped through a massive hole in the rulebook. But certainly can’t in any way claim lack of intent, a misunderstanding or misinterpretation. A very deliberate ploy, and quite witty. Makes the PL, again, look like pathetic.
Yeah, the approach they are taking is either going to succeed spectacularly or fail spectacularly. Obviously benefits us if we stay up and they have points deducted but in a way I'm rooting for them.

I wonder how much low hanging fruit the PL can go after before they tackle the real issue?
Until the last possible moment probably...

05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

They're just digging a deeper hole for themselves for later on.

Hopefully the whole thing caves in on their head.

that leicester fan on twitter is a rare highlight in a dismal story.
He's frantically running round blocking as much toffees as possible.
If you use X find one of the screen grabs and reply to him with it!!!
I dont normally go in for this kind of thing but he really deserves it!

Forest admitted the charge on receipt of the charge papers, re the first charge Everton didn’t as was their right however just like in most legal process early admission ( entering a guilty charge ) near enough always results in a reduced sanction. The decision to delay the hearing was one made by the IC so would not count against Everton.
Leicester weren’t charged by the PL in 21/22 which Everton were so the current charge is not relevant
Everton did not admit a charge because they genuinely felt they were compliant based on interpretation of the Stadium loans and interest and was not related to “playing for time”.

Despite nearly choking on schadenfreude, I do find it interesting that the first three clubs that have been charged under these rules are the last club outside the current or traditional elite to win the league, the two-time European champions, and the nine-time English champions. One might say they were the most successful interlopers in modern football, the most successful interlopers in late 20th century football, and the biggest club outside of the current elite.

Strange that...