New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sad if we're sending any business under, but going bust is a potential sign you've undercharged Everton for their aluminium cladding!

The thing with that, Everton probably paid for the stuff much earlier, say 18 months ago and have had that price on hold. But you know how fast materials have been going up in price, landscapers for instance can't even give you a price for youre garden, if you are waiting more than 6 weeks. Don't know if it's still like that because I had mine done last year.

Barrel cladding installation firm (allucraft) appointed an administrator today.

Work was active on the west stand yesterday. Unclear if the administrator will allow them continue finishing the work onsite

Outside it looks great, particularly against the sunset and the river. I have to be honest inside looks generic , the more I see of it on the inside the more disappointed I am particularly when against the excellent exterior.

Outside it looks great, particularly against the sunset and the river. I have to be honest inside looks generic , the more I see of it on the inside the more disappointed I am particularly when against the excellent exterior.
I think once the pitch is in there & it’s filled with fans it’ll look special, until then it’s just seats and concrete

I think once the pitch is in there & it’s filled with fans it’ll look special, until then it’s just seats and concrete

Going off this design and what’s coming together, it’s bland imo mate , very generic. And it’s a shame because as I said previously I love the exterior. It’s like a copy and paste job from many other stadiums.

IMG_0109.jpeg

Going off this design and what’s coming together, it’s bland imo mate , very generic. And it’s a shame because as I said previously I love the exterior. It’s like a copy and paste job from many other stadiums.

View attachment 249305
From a fan perspective though it looks steep, there won’t be a bad seat in the house & it’s designed to keep as much noise in as possible. I’m not really sure what they could do different to make it look more unique it’s what modern design is really.

From a fan perspective though it looks steep, there won’t be a bad seat in the house & it’s designed to keep as much noise in as possible. I’m not really sure what they could do different to make it look more unique it’s what modern design is really.

You’re right but from a visual standpoint, it’s bland. I look at Spurs’ ground , I’m not a big fan of it but I like the interior aesthetic better than ours .

IMG_0110.jpeg

There's little nods to it all over the build. Some obvious, others more subtle.

I hope so but i would have gone to town with the extras. I appreciate there isnt that much scope in the structures. But some of the new stadiums around are just so bland and look the same. I wouldnt for instance know if i was watching a game in a different stadium like southampton and sunderland. Its looks the exact same.