The Dyche Slap

Was the slap justified

• Yes - also Thatcher, a fantastic lady

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Swapping Gary Stevens for Neil McDonald was a hideous mistake. Combine with Ratcliffe injury and the electric defensive pace, which was the cornerstone of our whole game, was gone. My word, 1988 has a lot to answer for…
Stevens -> McDonald
Reid -> McCall
Steven -> Nevin

I liked McCall tbh but obviously not at Reidys level.

I think it’s the fact that he clearly doesn’t like Patterson that has made it worse

If he’d playfully slapped Michael Keane then you wouldn’t get this kind of reaction as they’re clearly mates

But he slapped the lad he’s bombed out the team, so of course folk are going to talk about it and think it’s a bit rum

You generally can get away with more with your mates because they’re your mates and the lines between banter and bullying are more clearly defined
This is probably one of the most obvious examples of “read the room” I have ever seen. For starters you shouldn’t be touching anyone without their consent. But slapping someone that is struggling to get into the team and probably feels hard done… this has kind of soured my opinion of Dyche. I just can’t comprehend why he did it. It’s bullying even if it was meant to be lighthearted

Move on...nothing to see here. Sounds like a playful clip on the back of the head that may have been slightly harder than intended, then made to sound like a full force slap on a player who hasn't played for while which is then twisted into Dyches doesn't like Patterson. All out of proportion otherwise Dyche would be up for assault and in trouble with the Club.

Have I missed something?
Has anyone other than that grade A clown from the Daily Fail even come close to acknowledging ‘the slap incident’ actually happened?
Amazes me how Blues instantly believe in shyte peddled by certain sections of the media against anyone in the Club.
If we’d won the last 3 games it would be a non story on here.

Move on...nothing to see here. Sounds like a playful clip on the back of the head that may have been slightly harder than intended, then made to sound like a full force slap on a player who hasn't played for while which is then twisted into Dyches doesn't like Patterson. All out of proportion otherwise Dyche would be up for assault and in trouble with the Club.

and sacked for gross misconduct ( by the tea lady )

Incidents like this happen in football all the time, remember SAF throwing a shoe at Beckham and giving him a cut in the forehead.

If something happened and Dyche apologised then everybody moves on to the next spat.

Have I missed something?
Has anyone other than that grade A clown from the Daily Fail even come close to acknowledging ‘the slap incident’ actually happened?
Amazes me how Blues instantly believe in shyte peddled by certain sections of the media against anyone in the Club.
If we’d won the last 3 games it would be a non story on here.
It’s still a non story. Silly season!

Most sensible answer so far

1710793059045.png

Can you people all please report to the Nathan Patterson thread

There's not been a hate-filled post on there for at least the past 35 seconds