The Dyche Slap

Was the slap justified

• Yes - also Thatcher, a fantastic lady

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gary Stevens was a hell of a player. A player not often mentioned now but he was a key part of what made us great in the 80s.
Fantastic player him and tricky dream team.
Met him after his footy carreer had finished he was a physio or something in Fazak hospital. Looking after my dad.as he was dying. .
I gave him a bit of light hearted stick for the cup final agaist the RS , he laughed it off was a brilliant fella and a brilliant player one of my all time favourites.

Fantastic player him and tricky dream team.
Met him after his footy carreer had finished he was a physio or something in Fazak hospital. Looking after my dad.as he was dying. .
I gave him a bit of light hearted stick for the cup final agaist the RS , he laughed it off was a brilliant fella and a brilliant player one of my all time favourites.
We didn't know how good we had it.

I think it’s the fact that he clearly doesn’t like Patterson that has made it worse

If he’d playfully slapped Michael Keane then you wouldn’t get this kind of reaction as they’re clearly mates

But he slapped the lad he’s bombed out the team, so of course folk are going to talk about it and think it’s a bit rum

You generally can get away with more with your mates because they’re your mates and the lines between banter and bullying are more clearly defined

Gary Stevens was a hell of a player. A player not often mentioned now but he was a key part of what made us great in the 80s.
Swapping Gary Stevens for Neil McDonald was a hideous mistake. Combine with Ratcliffe injury and the electric defensive pace, which was the cornerstone of our whole game, was gone. My word, 1988 has a lot to answer for…
Stevens -> McDonald
Reid -> McCall
Steven -> Nevin

Alex Ferguson lashed tea cups, footy boots and pizza around the gaffing he was lauded, gravel gob aims one playful slap and he's worse than Pol Pot.
Millenials, tsk, (rolls eyes)
None of the following is intended to excuse angry or abusive behavior on the part of anyone, famous football manager or not. Nor to comment on the alleged softness of recent generations.

But it is understandable for there to be a difference in the reaction to this incident and Ferguson's behavior, for a couple of reasons:

1) We all know that - rightly or wrongly - in the world of professional sport, winning forgives a multitude of sins.
2) That a 52-year-old man thought it was funny to slap someone 30 years his junior reeks of David Brent-levels of self-awareness on his part, at best.

A lot of football fans - maybe most - would expect their manager to be surly. Very few would expect him to be immature. For a manager who is on increasingly thinner ice with his club's fans, it's an especially bad look.