2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

The main issue was that we could not spend much on players up front last summer. I'd have thought the market for players who don't command an up front fee is quite small.

I’ve said I understand the situation and we haven’t heard his side of things either. The way the club is it’s who can we get rather than who do we need.

Given our problems I feel we have to be smart with our purchases and at the very least have some foresight for any situation in advance and I don’t think we have done that in a lot of our buys. The end result so far has more often than not been a disappointment.

We more often than not have to catch up with ourselves in terms of problem solving.

For example I wonder in the years to come how long it’s going to take to bring in a proper replacement for James Rodriguez/Sigurddson.

At times over the past few years it’s like the fans have to keep pointing out obvious gaps and problems in the squad before anything remotely gets done about it. It feels like the club rarely if at all take the initiative on matters and there is a sense of bemusement when supporters are critical.

The lack of proper care and foresight the club has shown for years has caught up and even tho i can’t say i am a big fan, Thelwell has to deal with the brunt of it.

The Academy desperately needs a revamp too.

Would simply love to see his comical 120-point improvement plan. Must have failed at point 1 and called it a day. He won't be a loss if he leaves - he'll just be another in a line of very expensive employees paid very handsomely to leave and whose awful decision-making will impact us far after their departure.

The Esk saying Thelwell has one foot out the door. No secret apparently.
IF and it’s a big IF given the source, there’s any truth in it, I wonder if it stems from the Shabite being on the sniff for a new DoF, which of course they have now found in the the reappointment of their previous one.
Might have been an enquiry made and Red Kev got all giddy and loose lipped 😂

Would simply love to see his comical 120-point improvement plan. Must have failed at point 1 and called it a day. He won't be a loss if he leaves - he'll just be another in a line of very expensive employees paid very handsomely to leave and whose awful decision-making will impact us far after their departure.
I think it was more of a create / appoint 120 dept managers plan, which tbf must been nearly complete now.