Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not being flippant here (it's a genuine pondering) but is that a genuine bias because of how dire our front line is? The confidence that they'll score is so low.

I think back to yesterday, and there were at least a handful of chances that on reflection probably could or should have been goals.

If we had a competent and confidence fuelled forward or wide player, I think we would have won yesterday 1-0 or 2-0, however we do not.

You can see that their self-belief is so low when the opportunity to shoot opens up and, for whatever reason, we over play it. We dawdle on the ball and lose it.

I don’t know if bias comes into it but like genuinely out of the 42 shows hardly any were proper chances. Volume of shops is absolutely meaningless; it’s about the quality.

You do know we're missing 6 points?
Said it a million times. We were utterly rancid before the points deduction, got a big kick up the backside due to being wronged, and went on a mini run and have merely returned to Dyche standard since. Had we have had no points deduction at all, I'm convinced we'd still be on about 25 points (maybe less).

He is an utterly clueless imbecile, who has the worst in game management I have ever seen from an Everton manager - and there has been some serious competition for that!

LLLDDDLDDLL I don't agree he is doing a good job.
You could easily argue both sides.

Fulham: Last minute, if Beto scores that sitter, its a great result.
Palace: Doucs scores from 6 yards out, we likely go onto win.
West Ham: Mcneil scores to make it 2 nil we win that game no problem.

That's 7 points just from those 3 misses. Not a lot Dyche can do when the team he's set up are making and then missing the chances.

You keep believing that my friend. A good coach would have this lot away from the relegation zone with ease.
With ease? No surprise we’ve struggled last 3 seasons and while I agree the managers haven’t been great the players need to be held accountable as well and as I said most of them are crap, you can’t polish a 💩 but I appreciate you still hold some hope that a better coach would have this bunch of wasters much higher up the table.

Said it a million times. We were utterly rancid before the points deduction, got a big kick up the backside due to being wronged, and went on a mini run and have merely returned to Dyche standard since. Had we have had no points deduction at all, I'm convinced we'd still be on about 25 points (maybe less).

He is an utterly clueless imbecile, who has the worst in game management I have ever seen from an Everton manager - and there has been some serious competition for that!

Not correct.

We won 7 games in all comps (4 in the league), drew 2, lost 6. Majority of this without a striker until 5 games in.

We had our points deduction 17th November. Played United at home and lost 3.0. Then won 4 on the spin.

So we won 4 post points. 4 pre points.

Not correct.

We won 7 games in all comps (4 in the league), drew 2, lost 6. Majority of this without a striker until 5 games in.

We had our points deduction 17th November. Played United at home and lost 3.0. Then won 4 on the spin.

So we won 4 post points. 4 pre points.
Thus the points deduction resulted in us doubling our wins. We were rancid prior to that little run and we have been rancid since. I'm utterly amazed by the notion that you clearly thought early season performances were acceptable, as you must clearly believe no wins in 11 games is too.

The no striker thing is a moot point as the current situation shows. He has no idea how to coach an effective attacking side. So often the chance creation that is always quoted are just snap chances, with a low probability of being scored created as a result of aimless balls or winning second balls. We have absolutely no style of play. It is utterly embarrassing.

We're so appallingly run that he ain't being sacked, even if he lost all of our remaining games, so our only hope is that he goes against type and tries to do something different. Chances are though, everything stays the same and that clown sends us down.

With ease? No surprise we’ve struggled last 3 seasons and while I agree the managers haven’t been great the players need to be held accountable as well and as I said most of them are crap, you can’t polish a 💩 but I appreciate you still hold some hope that a better coach would have this bunch of wasters much higher up the table.
A capable manager gets these between 12th and 15th. There are a lot of awful sides in this league. Dyche is doing his best to make us one of the worst.

E.g. I don't like Moyes, but he'd have this bunch of wasters in that bracket no problem.