Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wrong they should be near the relegation zone because they’re awful who are the decent ones? Branthwaite and Onana are good but not top top players and I’m not convinced Onana ever will be either, decent players tarks and maybe garner beyond that the rest of the squad is atrocious got 3 fit RB’s and not one can get a game a leggy Ashley young coming on Lewis Dobbin who struggled at derby, a LB fit for the championship 2 strikers who are useless who we haven’t even paid for yet and another one who couldn’t score in a brothel with all his millions but ye we shouldn’t be around the relegation places 😂
You keep believing that my friend. A good coach would have this lot away from the relegation zone with ease.

23 shots and about 2 where the keeper had to do anything.

We're clearly playing for xG here lads.

It's not like they're just getting near the box and lashing a shot off to stack up the numbers though mate.

When the RS or City clock in 20+ shots a game but "the keeper doesn't have to make a save" it usually means there's a sustained threat that's being well defended.

Those team end up scoring... because they have the quality on the back of it.

As mentioned...42 shots across the home and away game against United. 0 goals.

The flip side is what...not having shots or getting in good positions?

It's not like they're just getting near the box and lashing a shot off to stack up the numbers though mate.

When the RS or City clock in 20+ shots a game but "the keeper doesn't have to make a save" it usually means there's a sustained threat that's being well defended.

Those team end up scoring... because they have the quality on the back of it.

As mentioned...42 shots across the home and away game against United. 0 goals.

The flip side is what...not having shots or getting in good positions?

I mean it kinda is though? How many of those 42 shots did you watch thinking “maybe a goal here”

I mean it kinda is though? How many of those 42 shots did you watch thinking “maybe a goal here”
I'm not being flippant here (it's a genuine pondering) but is that a genuine bias because of how dire our front line is? The confidence that they'll score is so low.

I think back to yesterday, and there were at least a handful of chances that on reflection probably could or should have been goals.

If we had a competent and confidence fuelled forward or wide player, I think we would have won yesterday 1-0 or 2-0, however we do not.

You can see that their self-belief is so low when the opportunity to shoot opens up and, for whatever reason, we over play it. We dawdle on the ball and lose it.

Ian Wright made a decent point on MOTD. Twice players shot in the first half when a simple through ball would have given Beto a much better chance. They need to work on composure and decision making on the edge of the box.
Yes, and i think Linekar was right when he mentioned calmness. I suspect that our players get over excited when they think that they have a chance of scoring and that rush of blood to the head causes them to make the wrong choices/snatch at the chance. This could (should) be addressed in coaching (just like not turning your back when someone hits a hard shot at you).