2023/24 Sean Dyche

….i think he’s as frustrated as us with the quality he’s been given. It’s not surprising.
But eggs as a thinking man like you are. You have to agree that dyche's team selections recently have been part of what to blame. How many times in that match today did Godfrey have the ball in space and completely waste it. How many times in recent weeks has onana rashly sliced a shot into row z. These are recurring issues but not being addressed.

This xg argument can only go so far. All I see week in week out is a team probing and then conceding soft goals. It's not been good enough recently and while players have accountability. The manager is where the buck stops and we are now in danger of going down again. Luton away looks a massive game and I dont fancy us there at all.

I can just about stomach his constant excuse making, stat quoting crap and lack of accountability, and it’s his right to throw the players under her bus if he wants, like he has done with the attackers today, even though our set up for them is garbage - not sure calling them cowards/scared of getting hurt will get more from them, but that’s up to him.

I get his reluctance to change tactics and players, even when it’s not working - lots of managers do, though it really gets on my wick.

What really has done me in with Dyche is his firebombing of the academy and our young players - ridiculous to say what’s he’s said, even if it may be true, though I wouldn’t trust his judgement on any player, and especially a young player.

If I'm seeing eye bleedingly bad football from our senior pros, why not throw a kid on - I’ll get behind a kid getting a chance way more than a crab we know is finishe.

Dyche has killed any potential sell on value the kids may have had, and why will any of them even bother if they get a go, when the manager says crap like that. If I’m a kid at Everton I’m asking for a move out or just tell them to rip my contract up - what’s the point.

Contrast to across the park and shippmann, who constantly talk up their kids and give them chances in the first team, even thought they are average footballers.

I’m Not Dyche out by any stretch, as these players are the key problem and have been for several managers, but he is really testing my patience.
This is an excellent post. I bet our kids are desperate to get even a handful of minutes but why bother when they see 38 year old Ashley young get them instead.

This whole ‘it’s too risky’ argument is complete BS. The team’s hasnt won since December 16, how about try something else ffs… When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore..it's a decision.

His stubbornness will be his undoing.

He’s made us hard to beat and improved the mentality of the players in that there has been very few games this season where we have been battered as we have witnessed under other managers but at the expense of any sort of footballing quality.

His refusal to see the problem with the right hand side and his persistence with both Godfrey and Harrison is both baffling and perverse…he needs to find a different combination to help us out because we are playing with 9 men when they are both on the pitch. There are other issues but this is the most pressing to improve.

If he persists with them despite the evidence to the contrary every time we play then he has only himself to blame for the pressure he is bringing on himself and the playing squad.

He will never get a bigger job than Everton and is starting to show that he can’t handle it with his post match comments.

But eggs as a thinking man like you are. You have to agree that dyche's team selections recently have been part of what to blame. How many times in that match today did Godfrey have the ball in space and completely waste it. How many times in recent weeks has onana rashly sliced a shot into row z. These are recurring issues but not being addressed.

This xg argument can only go so far. All I see week in week out is a team probing and then conceding soft goals. It's not been good enough recently and while players have accountability. The manager is where the buck stops and we are now in danger of going down again. Luton away looks a massive game and I dont fancy us there at all.

…I don’t disagree lots with his selections. Godfrey is awful in possession but we don’t exactly have Carlos Alberto behind him. I wouldn’t have minded if Coleman came back but I think Dyche worried about the pace of the United winger.

I’d have possibly gone with Coleman, I think we need his authority and mentality on the pitch. I can understand why he went with Godfrey even if it wouldn’t have been my choice. Defensively, we’ve been one of the best in the league so Dyche is doing fine in that respect.

This is an excellent post. I bet our kids are desperate to get even a handful of minutes but why bother when they see 38 year old Ashley young get them instead.

This whole ‘it’s too risky’ argument is complete BS. The team’s hasnt won since December 16, how about try something else ffs… When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore..it's a decision.
It's exactly like this. You shouldn't protect players, when they don't convert as much as you shouldn't protect Dyche for making these Godfrey, Young, late subs, inability to change the plan in-game decisions as both happened multiple times. Both need to take the blame for the situation we are now, having not won in 2,5 months.

Yes, it's on Dyche for me.
Our strikers do have chances, lots of chances but they generally have to work very hard for those chances.
We don't play any counter attacking football and usually play one up top against 2 or 3 center halves who have his number.
Watch how they play, the other attacking players hardly ever create space, the full backs hardly ever overlap with the wingers, the wingers come in side all the time.
So yea, they get shots away but they're hurried and everything is comgested.
Thats down to tactics.
If you keep playing one up top with insufficient hurried service and create few clear cut chances, confidence will drain.

You can divide the PL in to 3 clear pots.
The big teams, the mid table teams and the bottom teams.

The big teams have Dyches number and too much skill for us to do much.
That was a poor united but they knew exactly how to play us and had the players to grind it out.

There's the mid table teams. This is where we create chances, and for me, it's where we can pick up points. Unfortunately, Dyche sets up very defensively against these teams. Playing the likes of Godfrey and Young.

And then theres the bottom teams who just set up in two banks, let us come at them and hit us on the break.
Not scoring much against them because we cant draw them out.

So yea, we're not scoring enough and thats on Dyche.
And nobody should be surprised.

still no matter not scoring is disaster and he can’t control the players missing

…I don’t disagree lots with his selections. Godfrey is awful in possession but we don’t exactly have Carlos Alberto behind him. I wouldn’t have minded if Coleman came back but I think Dyche worried about the pace of the United winger.

I’d have possibly gone with Coleman, I think we need his authority and mentality on the pitch. I can understand why he went with Godfrey even if it wouldn’t have been my choice. Defensively, we’ve been one of the best in the league so Dyche is doing fine in that respect.
He has done well with us defensively, but he has done it at the complete destruction of any attacking threat we have.
We need to start winning games, especially the ones coming up against teams around us, but we have no idea what to do with the ball in the final third.
Playing two complete and utter defensive full backs and only replacing one with a 2nd striker in the 89th minute when we needed two goals since half an hour in is criminal, as is bringing on Ashley Young.
Why did neither Coleman or Patterson replace Godfrey in the game?
He hasn't a clue how to change a game which ties in with the fact he's never managed us to a win after falling behind.

L O L eggs

Massive L O L

…I’m only repeating what they continually said on telly today, along with their assessment that Everton are tactically sound, well organised but lack quality in the top third. Pretty much what I’ve been saying through this bad run.

The club is a wrecking ball, it’s bound to manifest itself on the pitch. I’ll repeat, without the off-field issues nobody was complaining about Dyche Everton. I’m sticking with him, I actually think he’s our only chance.

…I’m only repeating what they continually said on telly today, along with their assessment that Everton are tactically sound, well organised but lack quality in the top third. Pretty much what I’ve been saying through this bad run.

The club is a wrecking ball, it’s bound to manifest itself on the pitch. I’ll repeat, without the off-field issues nobody was complaining about Dyche Everton. I’m sticking with him, I actually think he’s our only chance.

Speak for yourself. I thought he was crap last season. We stayed up final day with a horrible 1-0 win against mighty Bournemouth.

I’m sure I saw some stats the other day about clubs changing managers late season in an attempt to avoid relegation. The majority failed.

He has done well with us defensively, but he has done it at the complete destruction of any attacking threat we have.
We need to start winning games, especially the ones coming up against teams around us, but we have no idea what to do with the ball in the final third.
Playing two complete and utter defensive full backs and only replacing one with a 2nd striker in the 89th minute when we needed two goals since half an hour in is criminal, as is bringing on Ashley Young.
Why did neither Coleman or Patterson replace Godfrey in the game?
He hasn't a clue how to change a game which ties in with the fact he's never managed us to a win after falling behind.

…I doubt the choice of RB was why we lost that game today.

Folk complained about Young, they complained about Coleman being past it and complained about Patterson being a defensive liability. Regardless, only one team in the league have more clean sheets than Dyche Everton, only one team has conceded less goals from open play than Dyche Everton.

Whoever plays RB isn’t the issue.