Carlo At Everton.

We finished below newly promoted Leeds.

The fact we’ve lurched from one disaster to the next in the time since that season doesn’t change how I felt at the time and doesn’t make me look back any more fondly on it.

The “good old days” were not that season. They were the Moyes years.

But it certainly wasn't overrated.

What it was is a "what could've been" if we weren't ran by an imbecile. An 18 month fling that got the maximum out of that squad.

Cos clearly since then...

Carlo had us playing some of the worst football I've ever seen. That's not to say Carlo was negative, I guess that was his way of damage control. He had his favorites and that includes Mister I Cant Even Say His Name. The midfield was the worst I have EVER seen, still is.

Could we have done something great with more Carlo time? Yeah, absolutely. Would we be in the position we are now if we did? No, we wouldn't be. We would already have been in administration. Carlo wanted to bring in people he had worked with on unbelievable salaries with 0 resale value. It's not MASSIVELY different than what we have now in that we can't sell anyone bar 2 players for profit. MAYBE 4.

Carlo had us playing some of the worst football I've ever seen. That's not to say Carlo was negative, I guess that was his way of damage control. He had his favorites and that includes Mister I Cant Even Say His Name. The midfield was the worst I have EVER seen, still is.

Could we have done something great with more Carlo time? Yeah, absolutely. Would we be in the position we are now if we did? No, we wouldn't be. We would already have been in administration. Carlo wanted to bring in people he had worked with on unbelievable salaries with 0 resale value. It's not MASSIVELY different than what we have now in that we can't sell anyone bar 2 players for profit. MAYBE 4.

He also spent money on Allan who was absolute AIDS.

Look at his managerial club list. We look like a lost bet. He must have been really frustrated working with the quality levels we had. I thought he was underperforming at the time but with hindsight I now know he was a genius.

dont-drop-the-soap-prison-mike.png

I wasn't aware that there was no money for transfers, and had really believed that he would bring in the right players during the
Summer break to take us up competing at the top. I was bitterly disappointed when he left.

The "good old days" was Martinez' first season. After Arsenal I thought we were literally on the verge of something fantastic.

And then Crystal Palace happened the next match.

Same. Moyes was like cold porridge. Roberto had the magic by comparison.

He also spent money on Allan who was absolute AIDS.

Please don't mock such a serious disease. Its not the 1980s.