2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Why the lol mate? Weve bid in Jan with the summer obligation to buy. Plus Thelwell seems to return for his targets.

Somehow, with limited funds at bare minimum he'll need to add:

1 FB
1 CM
1 WF
1 CF

There will need to be alot of proactive action this summer. But he must reinvest into u21s to grow the squad value & hope to find players with high potential that can hit the ground running.

Going to be very exciting.
Kevin Thelwell couldn’t spot a brass in a whorehouse.

Kevin Thelwell couldn’t spot a brass in a whorehouse.

Hes made some great signings...and some not so great ones. Hasnt had much in the form of money so had to take punts.

I think hes done very well with Onana & Garner + created a pathway for Branthwaite by shifting Mina & Coady.

I do think he needs to show that he can pick forward players. This Asprilla looks exciting, hopefully Chermiti steps up and delivers.

There needs to be a number of sales and he deserves a round of applause for Iwobi & Gray sale fees.

Im sure you agree he did well there. We need to sell a few and reinvest well.

Hes made some great signings...and some not so great ones. Hasnt had much in the form of money so had to take punts.

I think hes done very well with Onana & Garner + created a pathway for Branthwaite by shifting Mina & Coady.

I do think he needs to show that he can pick forward players. This Asprilla looks exciting, hopefully Chermiti steps up and delivers.

There needs to be a number of sales and he deserves a round of applause for Iwobi & Gray sale fees.

Im sure you agree he did well there. We need to sell a few and reinvest well.
He though Neal Maupay was the answer to our goal scoring problems, and spent 18 months chasing Beto to be placed under a manager who spends 90 minutes pumping it upfield.

He's made 1 really good signing in Onana.

Rúben Vinagre - Left-Back - 1/10
Remember him. Lol

Conor Coady - Centre-Back - 6/10
A solid centre back, had his faults. But a leader.

James Tarkowski - Centre-Back - 7/10
As above, a bit more consistent than Coady but you know what you're getting from him

Idrissa Gueye - Central Midfield - Unsure
Gana is like marmite and I can't make my mind up with him. For someone who presses and wins the ball back he's fantastic, but then comes the passing and it just falls to bits.

James Garner - Defensive Midfield - 6/10
Jury is still out a bit, can clearly play but there's just something about him. May go onto be great, he may not. Would benefit from better coaching in attacking play

Neal Maupay - Centre-Forward - 1/10
Absolute LOL's that this chancer was brought in. There was not a chance he was fitting into any type of system we had. Comes across as a massive prick as well

Dwight McNeil - Left Winger - 3/10
Did nothing at Burnley, nothing at us. Then had 15 games were everyone though he was Messi, then reverted back to just being there. The most one footed player I've ever seen. Deserves a 2 for the decision to turn back towards our goal against Palace

Amadou Onana - Defensive Midfield - 8/10
Lads a baller, we'll make a killing. I'll give Kopite Kev the plaudits for holding out to get him. He'll be missed when he's gone and he'll go to the top. Deserves better coaching

Jack Harrison - Right Winger 5/10
I expected more, a bit meh. But then again, the tactics are just killing him

Ashley Young - Left-Back - 1/10
Not having it, pointless signing from someone who now looks like they can't make it up a flight of stairs without getting jelly legs

Arnaut Danjuma - Left Winger - 1/10
Spent 6 months pining over him, gets him and gives him to a manager who clearly doesn't like flair

Chermiti - Centre-Forward - 2/10
Money could, and should, have been spent elsewhere. Not the type of signing when we have areas all over the team that need filling

Beto - Centre-Forward - 3/10
Lad as heart, but the skill of a tranquillised donkey. One of those players I love but hate at the same time. 12 months Thelwell spent chasing him, god knows what he was watching if he though Beto would be able to deal with 60 yard punts for 90 minutes.

Remember him. Lol

As above, a bit more consistent than Coady but you know what you're getting from him

Gana is like marmite and I can't make my mind up with him. For someone who presses and wins the ball back he's fantastic, but then comes the passing and it just falls to bits.

Jury is still out a bit, can clearly play but there's just something about him. May go onto be great, he may not. Would benefit from better coaching in attacking play

Absolute LOL's that this chancer was brought in. There was not a chance he was fitting into any type of system we had. Comes across as a massive prick as well

Did nothing at Burnley, nothing at us. Then had 15 games were everyone though he was Messi, then reverted back to just being there. The most one footed player I've ever seen. Deserves a 2 for the decision to turn back towards our goal against Palace

Lads a baller, we'll make a killing. I'll give Kopite Kev the plaudits for holding out to get him. He'll be missed when he's gone and he'll go to the top. Deserves better coaching

Not having it, pointless signing from someone who now looks like they can't make it up a flight of stairs without getting jelly legs

Spent 6 months pining over him, gets him and gives him to a manager who clearly doesn't like flair

Money could, and should, have been spent elsewhere. Not the type of signing when we have areas all over the team that need filling

Lad as heart, but the skill of a tranquillised donkey. One of those players I love but hate at the same time. 12 months Thelwell spent chasing him, god knows what he was watching if he though Beto would be able to deal with 60 yard punts for 90 minutes.
Beto is harsh, he looks dog and duck, but he needs games and a run out, it's a hard league.

Remember him. Lol

lol lol lol

Remember him. Lol

I'd say this is fair overall.

The only one I would take issue with is Onana being an 8. If anyone lays claim to being Thelwell's best signing its Tarkowski, every day of the week.

Onana hasn't done enough for me. Just as much as Garner, he doesn't offer it enough consistently for me.

I'd say this is fair overall.

The only one I would take issue with is Onana being an 8. If anyone lays claim to being Thelwell's best signing its Tarkowski, every day of the week.

Onana hasn't done enough for me. Just as much as Garner, he doesn't offer it enough consistently for me.
Onana has been inconsistent, but he’ll hit the top when gets under the guidance of a good manager. Also, we’re defo doubling our money on him in the summer so an all round good deal

Onana has been inconsistent, but he’ll hit the top when gets under the guidance of a good manager. Also, we’re defo doubling our money on him in the summer so an all round good deal
Oh I would expect that he would look amazing in a better side under a better manager.

I just don't think he's looked much better for us than Garner since he's been here imo. Both of them show flashes of potential but are not there yet and definitely not in this team.

Remember him. Lol

STOPGAPS

Vinagre: A strange one as before Wolves he was very highly rated. Seems to havs constantly gone downhill since his first season with them. It was a loan with low wages so not bothered.

Coady: Excellent then dropped off over the season. Perhaps time caught up with him early as hes hardly getting a look in at Leicester. A good player to have in the squad but let go to open a pathway for Branthwaite.

Gana: Strange signing but short term, low fee makes sense as a stop gap.

Maupay: The man who caused Brightons attack to fail and we signed him. Hopefully we get a chunk of money back when he inevitably moves to Brentford. Was it Thelwell or was it a Moshiri/Kenwright signing?

Young: Gift from Moshiri for the manager?

Danjuma: Far too selfish which surprised me.

Harrison: Head scratcher of a signing. Just a poor player who manages to deliver something effective every half a dozen games.

NO MONEY DOWN

Beto: The more you see him the more you want to sell before any monies are due. 26 years old, 25 when we bought him and never looked like being a premier league starter. Generally say players need a year to settle in but id gladly send him back to Italy on a small loss (effectively a loan fee amount).

Chermiti: I think hes got something about him. Due to the failure of others im surprised hes not been given more chances. Has time on his side and id hope he gets more time before end of the season.

SIGNED AS STARTERS

McNeil: Jury is out as he was poor then great and then his wife has had a serious illness.

Tarkowski: Quite simply a brilliant player.

Garner: Good, English all rounder.

Onana: If only we had money to build around him. The best DM we have had for a very long time.

CONCLUSION

I'm judging him on the last 4 signings as theyre the actual first teamers who i expect he saw as fixtures.

When you look at the amounts we'll easily generate a profit overall.

This summer we need a clear out which hes got form for decent money sales.

Hopefully McNeil and Chermiti come good. Will judge Beto next season if hes still here.