2023/24 Sean Dyche

We have done nothing but go for managers who have the so called 'PL experience' thing and it's been largely an unmitigated disaster. You should bring the best person in whos profile fits the job criteria regardless of which league they're from. Also in theory we run the DoF model at Everton so really we should be looking for a more 'head coach' type who is only interested in player development and preparing the team for each match rather than an old school manager who wants a say on everything.
Feels like Dyche is a million miles away from being a modern coach - while also seemingly being quite happy to leave transfer dealing to Thelwell.

Was it the interview with Woan where we learned that all Dyche does is set the plan for the week and then leaves the coaching to Woan and Stone?

It said that all he does with the team is ‘maintain standards’ - which from the training vids seems to be mainly feeling Doucoure’s shins to see if he’s got his pads on.

"get a modern coach"
"Front foot football"
"Dinosaur"

Hey lads... Firstly how about -
A stable club that isn't one bad decision away from administration.
A good owner.
Transfer funds
Not having to sell best players.
Doesn't have a points deduction
Doesn't have a threat of another sanction

I mean...tick 2 of those then MAYBE you'll get a brand of tiki taka football yous all loved under peak Bobby Brown shoes

"get a modern coach"
"Front foot football"
"Dinosaur"

A good owner.
Transfer funds

I mean...tick 2 of those then MAYBE you'll get a brand of tiki taka football yous all loved under peak Bobby Brown shoes
Think it's okay to pass comment on Sean Dyche in the Sean Dyche thread, to be honest.

It doesn't make the wider problems irrelevant to do so.

"get a modern coach"
"Front foot football"
"Dinosaur"

A good owner.
Transfer funds

but dyche fan boys like you make out that the fans that want to see a better brand of football,
There’s only 2 styles ,
Dyche’s joe kinnear Wimbledon 1994 or Martinez 2015. There’s an awful lot in between

He needs to take a lot of blame as well. Why is he persisting with two crap wingers? Why isn't there a right back at... right back?
Not that he has a lot of alternatives in the wing areas which incidently are key in his system...right back position is 50 50 really...Patterson is not great defensively, whereas godfrey is much better defensively...in attack the opposite is true. I guess he is starting the game with a mindset to be hard to beat.

I dont see any manager who could coach Mykolenko and Godfrey into being prime Baines & Coleman.

Tactics are defensive but so were King Carlo's the only difference was we had a few scorers/creators in the squad back then like Richy, Rodriguez, Digne & DCL on a good run.

FFP has meant we had to sell 3 of the above and not have the funds to replace them.

Erm you do know that your hero Paella Tits chased 2 of those creative players you lost out of the club and replaced one of them with the left back you note can't attack.

What do you make of that?

People are being sarky arses because you’re taking nonsense. McNeil has been horrendous this season and Harrison not far behind him. Dobbin has one less goal than McNeil and hardly played many minutes, he also provided a spark v spurs that helped us get a point.

All you say is he couldn’t get a game In League 1 last season, he played 43 times how many games did derby play, 200???
And no youngsters in the history of the game have improved from 19 to 21. It’s a pathetic excuse to say McNeil and Harrison should keep getting picked, even though they stink the gaff out every week, because the only option is dobbin
3 goals and 4 assists in 43 games in League One and you think he's ready to save us? That's a shocking return for an 'exciting winger'. Those stats made me say he has hardly played because he hardly did anything.

My take is we have massive limits, squad, finance, the off the feild stuff has meant an overall dropping of quality on the pitch. As such the team has limits. Does a change of manager change any of that, no. So the issue isn’t the manager, he’s just the available lightening rod with the season in play. Whats wrong at the club and the cards he’s been dealt isn’t on the manager.

To compound that earned points have been taken way, if the club was competent we’d basically be safe, again is this on the manager no.

I said earlier in the year my expectation was we were it he league of the bottom 10, we’re doing well in that and progressed on last season without the skip fire the club has got us in and it’s impact it’s a year of progress without it. I also said I expected the season to be boom amd but and that cycle to repeat itself and it is. I’m not going to get too high when we’re winning and too low when looseung.

We’ve a job of work to do before the end of the season, the only tii hi nah that matters is daylight between us and Forrest and Luton - that the job. We need to stay unified and support the team to do it. We e faced bigger challenges.

We go again.

Last edited: