2023/24 Sean Dyche

Not seeing people say start them, and I’m certainly not - I’m asking why aren’t they getting more minutes when the starters have been garbage and can barely walk, never mind run?!

Have to ask, why can’t we start one or both in certain fixtures, just for a change of personal/system - there might be a risk, so what, football is about risk sometimes. This pragmatism is getting us nowhere.
He dropped Harrison a few weeks ago for one game and picked a 38yr old full back at right wing, he definitely deserved a start over dobbin

I get that. But the pragmatism has got us more points this season than any of our most recent ones.

The pragmatism has also got us creating more chances and conceding less goals than previous seasons.
I agree to an extent but the pragmatism when it isn’t going well has lost us points - the lack of changes and subs earlier in games is a part of that pragmatism.

I know we should be on more points if that disgusting deduction was removed, and I have to commend the job Dyche has done under the circumstances, but a few little tweaks wouldn’t hurt here and there.

I think that’s all we are asking for with the likes of Dobbin, chermiti, Paterson and some of the others.

I didn't watch the game yesterday as I have lost interest in the whole footballing side of things.

I honestly don't know who would be better than Dyche at guaranteeing safety this year even if it means awful football that I won't subject myself to too much.

How long is his contract? Can we afford better? Are the even any identified potential replacements? If we stick or twist, do they even get backed enough in the transfer market to give them an actual shot at proving their ability?

I hope he gets us back on track and I will support him and the team if I can be bothered to go, but that's not a very ringing endorsement is it?

He could try Patterson rw with Coleman behind him or vice versa, Dobbin on the left, Mcneil behind Beto, Doucoure back in midfield as the box to box.

Do we have limited options? Yes we do, but there are options. Sticking centre halves in at right back when there's 2 right backs on the bench, or putting a 38yo as right winger when his legs have basically gone are not tactics/selections that ANYONE has to accept or get behind unless there's an absolute injury crisis of about 5 players.

So Dyche gets the plaudits for away games but it’s the players fault for home games. Makes sense
I agree...

Dyche is responsible for our Defensive record but not our pathetic attacking record...

Seems to me the Dyche apologists, probably the same idiots that kept Frank in position for so long because "He gets us", give Dyche credit for everything good but absolve him of any blame for anything negative.

He is the manager, it all happens under his watch, he is ultimately responsible for everything.

Ok so we take out Mcneil and Harrison. We playing with who exactly in their place? A kid who couldn't get a game in League 1 last year and Chermiti or Beto on the wing? lol The team is the team because we have no squad, past the first 11, unless you want Young on the wing now?
No, I don't want Young anywhere near the team, but Dobbin and Chermiti can hardly do worse and at least deserve to be given a chance.

No, I don't want Young anywhere near the team, but Dobbin and Chermiti can hardly do worse and at least deserve to be given a chance.
Being honest, you'd see them for 90 minutes and throw them under the bus as well, they just look appealing because we have barely seen them. It's like when people cry for Patterson but then when you see him he's crap and switches off.

I agree to an extent but the pragmatism when it isn’t going well has lost us points - the lack of changes and subs earlier in games is a part of that pragmatism.

I know we should be on more points if that disgusting deduction was removed, and I have to commend the job Dyche has done under the circumstances, but a few little tweaks wouldn’t hurt here and there.

I think that’s all we are asking for with the likes of Dobbin, chermiti, Paterson and some of the others.

I agree mate.

Being honest, you'd see them for 90 minutes and throw them under the bus as well, they just look appealing because we have barely seen them. It's like when people cry for Patterson but then when you see him he's crap and switches off.
We're hardly likely to find out because Dyche won't play them. We already know that Harrison is too inconsistent and McNeill is in a terrible run of form.

He's the right man at the right time.

Not too fussed about the boo boys and I'm sure he isn't either.

He was doing just fine before the points deduction and our true position is about 5 places higher up the league.

I think people may be forgetting just how bad we've been since Ancelotti was in charge. We don't have the players we had either so anything Dyche does to claw us up the table and not have to go through the season end of the last two years is to be appreciative