2023/24 Sean Dyche

That means he’s under pressure imo, he constantly picks the same players and is on a terrible run last equaled 30yrs ago

Also like some Burnley fans who think just surviving in the prem and getting to then play, the likes of city, utd, Liverpool and arsenal every year as some holy grail. Just like a lot of Everton fans would take Moyes back and quite happily not win anything for 10yrs as long as we finshesd between 7th and 10th,
Maybe got to a cup semi and final, and
Had a few seasons in Europe. A lot of Everton fans don’t want that and want better, even if it’s a bit of a pipe dream and I’m sure there’s plenty of Burnley fans who don’t want to go back to dyche.
Depends on context though doesn't it? Personally I think Burnley exceeded expectation last year and I'm not remotely surprised that they haven't been able to carry that style of football successfully into a higher level. Technically superior teams walking the Championship and then getting repeatedly turned over in the PL is nothing new.

And there is even a post on one of their forums claiming to prefer life playing nice football in The Championship. Is that preferable to 'just surviving' in the PL in terms of ambition?

The number of people (including pundits) who thought Burnley would be fine carrying their style into the PL without change is bewildering. But I think VK has earned a duff year in the PL and the money, and experience, it brings certainly helps develop a more suitable foundation over the long term.

As for Everton then given the resources and the state of the club a manager who could temporarily keep the ship reasonably steady until the ownership and PL charges are resolved and the club is on a more even kilter overall seemed pretty appealing to many a year or two back.

I very much doubt Dyche is the man to bring silverware and European success to Everton in the long term but at the moment nobody is. Bringing that person in ahead of time isn't likely to go well and it's doubtful that person has much interest in what is currently on offer.

It’s hilarious that when possession football gets mentioned the dyche fan boys Bring up Lampard tge same fella who according to them is one of the worst managers in our history, surely it doesn’t really matter what style Frank did, because he would have failed anyway, because he was that bad.

Also it’s not just about possession, it’s having a plan on how to attack, yesterday one one of the very few games under dyche we controlled a lot of the game, but it was still more hit and hope, we had 11 shots on target, how many great saves did their keeper make?

Maybe play 2 attacking midfielders at home or 2 strikers maybe play Patterson at right back instead of a CB.
Don’t play 8 defensive players at home to a poor Palace team, with there best players missing. When you haven’t won a game in months
I think Lampard was a bad manager because he didn't adapt to Evertons strengths. Something Dyche has done, and has won us a good few points on the road because of it.

Anyone advocating starting Lewis Dobbin and Chermiti ahead of McNeil and Harrison need their head testing unfortunately.

Biggest season in the clubs recent history. Club on a precipice and you want to throw someone who was at league one and the other who has played less than a 100 PL mins.

We as a team can't afford to carry such risks as it is unfortunately.
Not seeing people say start them, and I’m certainly not - I’m asking why aren’t they getting more minutes when the starters have been garbage and can barely walk, never mind run?!

Have to ask, why can’t we start one or both in certain fixtures, just for a change of personal/system - there might be a risk, so what, football is about risk sometimes. This pragmatism is getting us nowhere.

Dyche can be frustrating at times because there’s games against Arsenal at home where we didn’t get out of our own half and didn’t have a shot, we got beat 1-0. Those are the games I would have a really good go at and and play attacking. Who really cares if we get beat like 4/5 nil. At least we have had a go.

Then on the flip side we have games like against Brighton where you are 1-0 up away and they go down to ten men. Yet he doesn’t sure it up. I would have gone 5 at the back with 4 in midfield after their red card, I get it’s all if’s and but’s cos we still could of conceded even if we did that but his decisions do seem to be strange. We went 2-1 down yesterday and straight away he’s calling Chemiti back from warming up. Why weren’t they coming onto the pitch at 1-1?

I like the guy and I think he’s done really well at the hand he has been given but let’s have it right we could be about another ten points higher in the league right now. Wolves home, Fulham home, West Ham home, Brighton away, Spurs away, these on stats, we should of won.

If we had not had the 6 point deduction & maybe another one pending 0- Dyche has & did well early this season - the form of late is without looking at the point's deduction very worrying - plus the fact we have no buyer for the club as yet - Its bound to have had a knock on effect however - Dyche has gone backwards in his formation of the team - his substitutions etc - TBH its relegation football ATM 10 games = 30 points - Dyche has achieved just 5 points mate ....

I don’t know if I am misunderstanding you Joe but are you saying Dyche did well early in the season?

The results were diabolical…..losing our first three home games and picking up one point on the road in, I think, the first five games.

It has been relegation form from the getgo with only that golden spell of four straight wins putting a veneer of respectability on it.

We are just blessed that Blades and Burnley are so bad and that Luton are so porous at the back.

Because you'd rather someone on the pitch who understands shape better and is less likely for us to concede goals early in the game
Nonsense - I’m not on about starting them either but I wouldn’t have an issue with that.

We went to 1-1 yesterday, McNeill and Harrison looked goosed but are left on. Shape and not conceding has flew out the window boss.

Not seeing people say start them, and I’m certainly not - I’m asking why aren’t they getting more minutes when the starters have been garbage and can barely walk, never mind run?!

Have to ask, why can’t we start one or both in certain fixtures, just for a change of personal/system - there might be a risk, so what, football is about risk sometimes. This pragmatism is getting us nowhere.

I get that. But the pragmatism has got us more points this season than any of our most recent ones.

The pragmatism has also got us creating more chances and conceding less goals than previous seasons.

I think Lampard was a bad manager because he didn't adapt to Evertons strengths. Something Dyche has done, and has won us a good few points on the road because of it.
It’s so much easier to be a defensive manager than an attacking, there some brilliant ones out there. Simeone, Jose, conte and ones not so good who have still earned Millions, big Sam and dyche, someone mentioned Tony pullis today he’s another.

I don’t know if I am misunderstanding you Joe but are you saying Dyche did well early in the season?

The results were diabolical…..losing our first three home games and picking up one point on the road in, I think, the first five games.

It has been relegation form from the getgo with only that golden spell of four straight wins putting a veneer of respectability on it.

We are just blessed that Blades and Burnley are so bad and that Luton are so porous at the back.
Put those ten points back on & we would be still looking over our shoulder ATM, but we think would stay up - it's not looking good -

1 - we may get another 6 points deduction or 2 - we may go into administration - that's an automatic 9 point deduction -

It must be hard to manage a club like ours - ATM - if we do go down, I feel we need a better manager than him to fetch us up ...

Behind the times with his tactics. Look at the goals scored per game and in total season on season. It’s going up and up. The style of play now is to out score your opponent.

The days of sitting back and hoping to draw 0-0 or a nick a 1-0 are dying out. Luton for example are free scoring because they know that’s their best chance of picking up points. Not trying to be defensively solid. Liverpool and City play to out score the opponent, doesn’t matter if they conceded a goal.

He’s setting the team up wrong with his tactics.

It’s so much easier to be a defensive manager than an attacking, there some brilliant ones out there. Simeone, Jose, conte and ones not so good who have still earned Millions, big Sam and dyche, someone mentioned Tony pullis today he’s another.
Dyche has managed two relegation fodder teams in us and Burnley. Burnley who now have an attacking manager are nailed on for relegation. I don't think it's easier at all.

Anyone advocating starting Lewis Dobbin and Chermiti ahead of McNeil and Harrison need their head testing unfortunately.

Biggest season in the clubs recent history. Club on a precipice and you want to throw someone who was at league one and the other who has played less than a 100 PL mins.

We as a team can't afford to carry such risks as it is unfortunately.
What risk?! We haven’t had a win in 10 games. Instead of sticking a non scoring giraffe upfront and replacing him with another one, how many feckin games do we have lose or draw for him to get realise that its not working and to at least try and give the youngsters a chance, rather then the tepid minutes they get now.

Even if it goes wrong, at least they can take some confidence in that their manager gave them an opportunity.