Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would we have got a better manager after Lampard , Absolutely not, the last few shortlists prove that.
Would anyone have done a better job since, I doubt it.

I still want him replaced as soon as a better option is available, his substitutions and stubbornness have drained any interest out of me. The line up and subs are so predictable.

He won’t be mate. Firstly because we can’t afford for him to be, but also being objective he’d have us in 13th on results alone and I’d snap your hand off for that, as much as I dislike him.

My concern is that we’re on a slide he is powerless to arrest because he’s crap. We may stay up by virtue of 3 more horrible teams and/or Forest getting done, but I just can’t see that he’s the one for us goin

We had a lot of chances to win that but there’s a few on this team who are notorious for killing any sort of momentum when we show a threat. Harrison, Onana to name a couple. I’d start someone in Harrison’s place next time around. Not sure if it will make a difference but he hasn’t done anything to prove he deserves to start.

We don't need to pay him off, we just need to put him on gardeners leave and promote within (Baines maybe) he cant be any worse. I know we will still have to pay his wages, but at least we will not have to find big money to pay him off at the moment.

"Everton having many chances but being totally inept at scoring a goal"
_c5bdd6f0-54b1-4cf1-9e8c-04bf4fb7ea5a.jpeg

Things about todays game;

We played well, much better than West Ham, who came away with a 1-3 victory, I still can’t put my finger on it.

We got a penalty, but not because of Craig Pawson, who I am convinced one day will be in jail for bribery. There’s just too many fouls which either aren’t fouls at all or he gives to the opposition. He never gave our pen, I was sat in the Gwladys and I knew it was a pen straight away.

Beto should never of been on the penalty. Someone more technical like Garner or someone like Tarky. However, let’s have it right, nothing goes for us, the keeper dives the other way, it’s a great pen.

That’s Leno, Sa and Areola who have all had wordly games at Goodison and nicked 3 points. Surly one of these games goes for us and we are 4 or 5 to the good. For the goalkeeper starts pulling off Worldy saves.

Jack Harrison keeps losing the ball, and McNeil looks like he needs to sit down and watch videos of how he used to play. Weak finish for his shot which should put us 2 up, however the keeper managers to save the ball behind him and not even really looking at it.

As soon as they scored Dyche called 2 subs back from warming up to get them on the pitch, seriously why? What’s the point?

We have conceded a worldy goal against Palace and basically the same thing against West Ham, how do you stop them? I suppose you can’t but the idea is being out of sight when them worldy goals happen. We look devoid of ideas when it comes to putting the ball away. I would play Dobbin and Chemitit all day if they can inject or pace, drive and hopefully a finish or two.

I still can’t believe we have lost that game. Was it a bit naive of Dyche? At 1-0 up should he have gone 5 at the back and defended the lead? I know that’s what he should have done against Brighton, if you can’t win a game don’t lose. We threw it away today.

A shout out to the lad I sat next to in the Gwladys today, he turned to me at full time and said ‘I’ve come all the way from York for this’, I felt so sorry for him. Fair play to you mate! All the best!