2023/24 Sean Dyche

He's afraid of losing more than he wants to win... starts out battling for a draw every game and hopes the team can snatch a goal largely from set pieces, if we don't he knows little by the way of changing the system other than throw Beto on and hope.
He might well suit what we need right now to keep us up, but he's going to offer zero progress for our club, and he's going to bleed the eyes off 95% of fans at GP each weekend.
Brilliant post and spot on, put your tin hat on as the XG and Metric virgins are coming for you

I watched with my own eyes potter had Brighton playing better football than what we’re plying and like I said he had maupay up front. If dyche got the Brighton job he’d turn them into Everton/burnley Witt un a few months
It's subjective isn't it?

Anyway, Brighton did well despite Maupay, and it wasn't like he flourished for Brighton either. They did well because they were well organised, in all phases, took little risk in the game, and were good at recruiting. Potter did a very good job, no doubt, but it was not Zeman football that was presented.

It was better football than in the majority of the Dyche time here. Their scouting is outstanding and is a role model for a lot of clubs. De Zerbi has a brilliant plan A, most of time it works, then it's something people are panting for, but he also lacks adapting often when it doesn't work like, which resulted in games like 5:1 vs us, 6:1 vs Villa or 4:0 in Luton.
I'm not going to object to that, but it's highly subjective.

Wait. What?

Why cant Dyche build something long term?

Stats wise with this squad its very impressive apart from finishing -- solely on the players.
He can build whatever he wants long term, just not with this club.

BMD is fair to the man, he will have completed his contract by then.

And we will have had plenty of time to find the right fit..

New stadium, new owners and a new Manager prepared to take us forward..

If Dyche does not change his mind to risk more to control the ball in a game, he would only bring us to mid table.
Extremely defending tactic cannot success in a long season.
To climb up the table, Dyche needs to build up a more efficient counter attack system and control the ball more especially against a weaker side.
I'll happily take mid table for a couple of seasons. The last few seasons have been a mess and it will take time to clean up the mess.

Ok, I'm not saying Dyche is the holy grail when it comes to playing style, etc., but what I mean is that in the current situation he's doing a good job. If he can stabilize us mid table, well then I'm happy. When we have become a stable mid table team - or that we are not capable of it - and his football does not develop, well, then we have to look around for other managers.

I'll happily take mid table for a couple of seasons. The last few seasons have been a mess and it will take time to clean up the mess.

Ok, I'm not saying Dyche is the holy grail when it comes to playing style, etc., but what I mean is that in the current situation he's doing a good job. If he can stabilize us mid table, well then I'm happy. When we have become a stable mid table team - or that we are not capable of it - and his football does not develop, well, then we have to look around for other managers.
Stop speaking this kind of common sense, it's not popular with the Dyche boo-boys

That mid-table season should've been this season, we were doing fine until the PL scammed us out of points. It's proper galling to be back in a relegation scrap, the fans didn't deserve this. Now we have to go through all that stress again and it sucks.

uh6r1lcghkkc1.jpeg