6 + 2 Point Deductions

Maybe, but then I think the sustainability element is more the emphasis than the profit. United are not in any danger of insolvency, their business can sustain a lot more debt than ours can.

The implementation and balance of FFP can be debated but the stated aim is to deter reckless, unsustainable spending that could lead to insolvency. It’s hard to deny that describes the Moshiri years, and here we are genuinely worried about administration if we can’t get a credible buyer.

It’s also the case that if FFP hadn’t constrained us from 21/22 then instead of being on the brink of insolvency we might be there already. The PL would argue that’s the system working.

There’s a lot that needs to change about the system, it needs to move to a Spanish style preventative model rather than a punitive one. But it’s also very arguable that on balance we’d be even worse off than we already are without FFP.

I don’t actually think Moshiri spent too much money. The problem was we bought an unprecedented amount of crap that we had to give away.
We shouldn’t be put off from spending such sums (and more) again should PSR allow it.

I don’t actually think Moshiri spent too much money. The problem was we bought an unprecedented amount of crap that we had to give away.
We shouldn’t be put off from spending such sums (and more) again should PSR allow it.

There were very early signs that we didn’t know what we were doing with the money when we were buying Bolasie for £28m in Moshiri’s first transfer window. It spiralled out of control from that point, but that was the first major red flag for me.

In transfer fee terms I agree but like you say reckless spending is about how you spend it. For a club like us spending needs to always be an investment because we are not top of the food chain. Moshiri's spending was rarely if ever an investment- he relentlessly bought guys in their mid-late thirties with huge wage demands, and no matter how well or badly they play that is terrible investment.

If the amount spent was invested in young talent the amount would not be an issue. But it was chucked out the door stupidly and recklessly and with little hope of ever getting any of it back.

There were very early signs that we didn’t know what we were doing with the money when we were buying Bolasie for £28m in Moshiri’s first transfer window. It spiralled out of control from that point, but that was the first major red flag for me.

Yeah it was the complete lack of strategy.

The ‘you buy one, I buy one’ with the DoF and the manager that went on up to and including Benitez. ‘Chairman Bill’s’ input..Switching between managers with opposite philosophies..

Couldn’t have gone worse if we were actively trying to sabotage ourselves.

See the palace yank has come out blasting about how unfair FFP and PSR is - Shame you didn’t open you gob sooner mush, we’ve been saying it for a while now mate.

Mad Marty Ziegler also coming out in support - too little too late mate, shame no blue belled you sooner!

Watch the clubs vote through new rules and no one will ever be punished like Everton and Forest have again - the whole thing stinks. We should get the other 6 points back, corrupt cheating blerts.

Discussing all this with my older brother - if we do not get the correct new owners this points thing may be immaterial if we end up in administration because that's an automatic 9 points deduction which will send us down plus other problems 777 I don't think will be able to purchase us as they won't pass the prem guidelines - they failed to pay the wages of another club the own last month .....

Discussing all this with my older brother - if we do not get the correct new owners this points thing may be immaterial if we end up in administration because that's an automatic 9 points deduction which will send us down plus other problems 777 I don't think will be able to purchase us as they won't pass the prem guidelines - they failed to pay the wages of another club the own last month .....
Isn't that why Reading keep getting points deducted? Failing to pay wages (also tax bills).

If the premier league do approve 777, and that sort of thing starts happening then surely the prem would have to take some blame. I'm not sure how 777 can possibly pass the right a proper test if they're failing to pay players.

I think the thing to remember is that although it's talked about in some quarters as a medium-term possibility the club isn't currently displaying any of the telltale signs of imminent administration. There's no signs of anyone not getting paid - players, staff, creditors, HMRC or Laing O'Rourke. If the club had concerns about paying its way til the end of the season they could've had a fire sale of players in January and didn't.

So while this piecemeal funding can't go on forever and out longer term problems are clear that suggests we're at least able to see off administration this season until the transfer window opens back up, and hopefully by then something more stable will be taking shape.

My big concern has always been the wages - that’s what has been kneecapping us for a while - talk of the likes of holgate on 70k a week - the fact we couldn’t give away a number of the players who were happy to run down their fat contracts tells me we’ve been paying well the going rate.

Hate to think what we were paying gomez, mina and digne given the utter basket case we bought them from in Barcelona- they wouldn’t have moved for less cash.

They’ll be books written on the moshiri years - the abject wastefulness and lack of strategy which may still end up with us plummeting down the football league.

This article explains the appeal process, and what might (or should) come next - by John Blain.

Very good read that and for me tries to address the salient facts that they "made it up as they went along" that we have all been privy to.

I still believe we have grounds for them to look at the 7 dismissed factors, however i understand that also to draw a line under it and now focus on the pitch and impending second charge should probably take priority, i would however add that when you really lay it on the line and read the facts as presented the Premier League ballsed this up and while the laymen fan who never looks past his nose for facts wont be interested in anything other than "You Cheated blah blah blah!" we should at least try and restore the reputational damage. This may well follow when Masters falls on the sharpened sword that is ready for him and the more inquisitive look a bit further.

We simply have to move forward now and for me we play for every point available, even taking into account Dyche good performance so far but his limited scope in the future, we simply have to try and make the next charge irrelevant as the points on the board will make it so.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed that perspective.

BTW being lazy, is he a Toffee?

UTFT