Should we appeal the 6 point deduction

Should we appeal the 6 point deduction?

• Total voters
If we go down, the take it through the courts. Throw this corrupt league to the legal system and watch the maggots squirm. Just make sure the judges are Blooooz !!

No because we can’t.
I think we could in limited circumstances but I don’t see those circumstances at all in our verdict.

Maybe we could sue if the PL had run roughshod over natural justice or its own rules and processes but ultimately I don’t believe they have. The rules and processes are crappy but that’s not the same thing.

The whole focus of the first hearing and the appeal was based on guilt and mitigation. People might not like that, people might be frustrated at the club apparently being quite happy with only 4 points back but ultimately that’s because in large part we were bang to rights and our defence was weak. Because, as I’ve said a few times, Moshiri took the piss.

The sanction is very harsh but not outside the scope of what they were allowed to give or what has been given in the EFL, and those running the club were stupid enough to give them the opportunity.

There hasn’t been a miscarriage of justice that I can see. Maybe there could be for the second charge- for example if they double count periods that have already been punished, that’s a natural justice issue. But for the first charge I think that’s that, there’s no nuclear option.

I would imagine that there is an option to take it to the courts, I don't see how any agreement within the PL could exclude that option.

However, if you signed up to the rules and then broke them I think it would be very difficult to have that decision overturned.

Unless we can prove that any of the decisions reached by the appeal committee are contrary to accepted norms of accounts then I don't think we have a case.

The information coming from the club has been very sparse,I can't help but believe that we may have broken the rules by more than we are led to believe.

We will see what the club decides to do next but I feel it may be nothing....unfortunately.

You explore all options and don’t take it lying down. If you have a legal pathway, you take it. The top clubs would do so and find some loophole. There is always the chance that there is absolutely nothing you can do. Whatever. But you can’t just not look into it. It incentivizes the league to try it again if you let things lie.

Essentially make it as painful as possible for the league. They don’t deserve any sympathy. We don’t, but they ESPECIALLY don’t

I think we deserved a punishment and 6 points seems about right to me.

But only on the condition that the other clubs who have broken the rules get a suitable punishment and Man City get judged on the current set of rules and not the amended ones in August.

Id also like a fairer system for this PSR that stops favouring those with high revenues but it obviously won't happen. Not excusing our financial mismanagement but as it is, those that play by the rules are effectively told to "stay in your lane" and it makes it almost impossible to challenge the favoured 6.

We broke the rules, it's as simple as that.

The wishy washy actions by me, are solely down to the fact we've already, in my opinion, got extremely lucky that the charge wasn't fast tracked to last year, if so we're relegated.

Not that we're "lucky" to receive a points deduction whilst others will seemingly get away with it (Chelsea, City); but it could have been worse.

For me now, the PL are horrible, Masters is clueless; but they've done their bit and at max we're probably losing 12. The focus should lie with targeting
Our dissatisfaction at the people who got Us there in the first place.

Once a huge name of English football; we've been dismantled to a pity party, and we've got a long way to go still to buck the trend and get better.

Can you imagine City appealing all the 115 charges separately. We’ll be moving into another stadium by then.
Thing is though mate, they should be made to. City will try and group things together so they will get away with a lot more than they should.
Also looking at how we have done things it will be an advantage to them as they will do things differently. It stinks really as City should have been punished years ago