New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah. Wasn’t in the Meis design.

I think it looks out of character with the rest of the build. Even moreso now it’s confirmed that it’s just big slabs of concrete.

Has it deffo been confirmed it's just slabs of concrete mate? I know on the renders it looks pretty basic like but was hopeful they'd take the time with it like they have the fan plaza with all the intricate patterns and using different coloured bricks

Has it deffo been confirmed it's just slabs of concrete mate? I know on the renders it looks pretty basic like but was hopeful they'd take the time with it like they have the fan plaza with all the intricate patterns and using different coloured bricks
Have a look at the video. You get extreme closeups of the steps and they are the same material as the internal terraces.

Given that the steps and the giant walls look exactly the same on the renders, you have to presume it’s all concrete.

I hope I’m wrong, but the evidence on the table isn’t great.

Have a look at the video. You get extreme closeups of the steps and they are the same material as the internal terraces.

Given that the steps and the giant walls look exactly the same on the renders, you have to presume it’s all concrete.

Yeah watched the video, was hoping they might put a lick of paint on it or something lol

Like you said, that won't weather well at all considering thats going to be hit by the weather the most as well.

Is there a chance it will be given a layer of something or some gloss?

Not a chance we're fitting the granite slabs/setts across the whole site and leaving rough arse tatty concrete at what will be the main entrance to the ground for staff, players, media etc.
Not. A. Chance.

Not a chance we're fitting the granite slabs/setts across the whole site and leaving rough arse tatty concrete at what will be the main entrance to the ground for staff, players, media etc.
Not. A. Chance.

If they do Tommy, might be a job for us to get down to B&Q and get some nice slabs and we'll box it off one weekend. How many slabs do you think we can fit in your van?

Watched Paul Frost's latest drone video just now. Superb as always. You can finally see where all the turnstiles are, apart from those in the west stand which will be under the steps. Clearer in my own mind the layout of the stadium, or at least the ways to get in.

Not. A. Chance.
I admire your confidence and wish I had it!

If Meis had designed it, I’d be right with you. But it was LOR’s architects who came up with this, and part of their brief was to rationalise the design to save costs where easy to do so.