New Everton Stadium Discussion

In that IC report, apparently they mention stadium costs have gone past 800m and rising.

That's an unbelievable amount of money for a 53k stadium in the Northwest

how much would to say a world class stadium, on a water front with an infilled dock, would cost if you started the build last year? Considering all the global issues we’ve encountered in the last 3 years?

how much would to say a world class stadium, on a water front with an infilled dock, would cost if you started the build last year? Considering all the global issues we’ve encountered in the last 3 years?

I wouldn't know tbh mate as I'm not in the construction industry so wouldn't have costs at hand.

That's still a fair jump from the "locked in 500m" price of Baxendale and still 50m more than the "750m its cost me" Moshiri quote.

In that IC report, apparently they mention stadium costs have gone past 800m and rising.

That's an unbelievable amount of money for a 53k stadium in the Northwest

Definitely a frightening number, especially as we are still circa 12 months from completion, although a fair chunk of that was presumably met by Moshiri and will effectively be written off/ handled via the sale.

The 3rd party debt arising from the build is what we all need to be keeping an eye on.

I wouldn't know tbh mate as I'm not in the construction industry so wouldn't have costs at hand.

That's still a fair jump from the "locked in 500m" price of Baxendale and still 50m more than the "750m its cost me" Moshiri quote.
Sure I read shortly after Moshiri made that statement that was the overall cost of the stadium ( circa 550mil ) plus the redevelopment of Goodison taking the total up to that figure.
Can't be 100% sure as it was a good while ago but them figures stick out to me.

Looks from the latest official vid that the Western terrace is indeed plain concrete rather than the granite of the fan plaza.

Disappointing. That’ll weather terribly, exposed to the Mersey as it is.

I always thought it looked like a cheap add on tbh and wasn't really needed. I think it looked more imposing without and just the huge glass entrance.